Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Western Maryland wants to secede and join West Virginia

https://www.localdvm.com/news/maryla...-virginia/amp/

I know links aren't popular but I have no idea how to copy the text of an entire article, eliminating the ads and whatnot.

Essentially the Maryland panhandle, Garret, Allegany and Washington counties want to leave Maryland and become part of West Virginia. It would seem the residents complain of a lack of funding and attention compared to the rest of the state. West Virginia seems on board but I'm sure Maryland won't let go.

It would make life easier for at least some Pennsylvania residents, heading south without having to travel through Maryland. I'm going on memory that West Virginia recognizes the Pa LTCF.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Western Maryland wants to secede and join West Virginia

I believe that WV is constitutional carry and it would be great to see this happen. Both there and in some other states.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Franklin County)

Considering that I work in Washington county MD, it would be a great thing if this happened. I don't see it ever happening, I see it as more of a symbolic gesture, but if it did it would be fantastic for me.
    MD gets too much tax money from the businesses around the interstate 81 and 70 interchange to let Washington county go. Allegheny and Garrett maybe, but not Washington.
    The Hostler

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    Considering that I work in Washington county MD, it would be a great thing if this happened. I don't see it ever happening, I see it as more of a symbolic gesture, but if it did it would be fantastic for me.
    MD gets too much tax money from the businesses around the interstate 81 and 70 interchange to let Washington county go. Allegheny and Garrett maybe, but not Washington.
    I believe that there should be a procedure in place where The People get to make that decision, not the Grand Masters. Put it to a vote, which only includes those living in the affected areas.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I believe that there should be a procedure in place where The People get to make that decision, not the Grand Masters. Put it to a vote, which only includes those living in the affected areas.
    If WV really is on board, the people affected should definitely get to vote this into reality. Would love to see it happen.
    -Brandon

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    If WV really is on board, the people affected should definitely get to vote this into reality. Would love to see it happen.
    I agree.

OTOH, I know several folks who live in that area, and their chief complaint is more-and-more folks moving from the Baltimore/DC area - many enabled by being able to 'work from home' much of the time and willing to endure the commute the rest - and bringing their stupid libtard ideas with 'em. It may already be too late (or soon so).

Hell, here in SoCentral PA the closer you get to the MD line the more you see townhouse communities and 'cookie cutter village' developments being bought up by Baltimore 'commuters'... The line moves a bit further north each year. Companies move from downtown to suburbs to exurbs. With each step "out" the "commutable circle" moves further too. It's like Libtard Leapfrog.
    DGAF

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    I agree.

OTOH, I know several folks who live in that area, and their chief complaint is more-and-more folks moving from the Baltimore/DC area - many enabled by being able to 'work from home' much of the time and willing to endure the commute the rest - and bringing their stupid libtard ideas with 'em. It may already be too late (or soon so).

Hell, here in SoCentral PA the closer you get to the MD line the more you see townhouse communities and 'cookie cutter village' developments being bought up by Baltimore 'commuters'... The line moves a bit further north each year. Companies move from downtown to suburbs to exurbs. With each step "out" the "commutable circle" moves further too. It's like Libtard Leapfrog.
    That’s the real plague right there.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Montgomery County)

I agree.

Wait till you see the 2040/50 plans for the quad(?)-state area super metropolis. Future "smart" city.

Its an open air prison. NYC on down past philly.

(Berks County)

I agree.

If that's the case, those people need to be income taxed on their MD earnings. DE does that.

(Clarion County)

Unfortunately MD legislators are mainly democrats and it has to be approved by both states legislators, and also Congress.
    Will of the people be damned.
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast