Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: What's black, aluminum, plastic, and is worth its weight in silver?

Quote Originally Posted by General Geoff View Post
    I actually like your slick side upper better, the machined-off forward assist looks a bit sloppy to me.
    That "flat shape" forging has been in use for years. I've seen those left "blank" as well as being used for logos like yours has.
    Rainier Arms used to sell them and I used to see the same uppers without anything on the flat area all over, but I can't seem to find them now.
    KE Arms is the only one I can find that currently offers it.

I actually like it. It's a nicely executed means of crating a nice surface for branding.

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Dauphin County)

I know I could google it, but what does WWSD stand for?
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    I know I could google it, but what does WWSD stand for?
    What Would Stoner Do?
    It was a concept rifle done by Inrange TV

A joint effort between several sources then made into an actual production rifle and just recently started getting in people's hands.

In addition to the video posted on the previous page, check this out.

(2017)

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    What Would Stoner Do?
    It was a concept rifle done by Inrange TV

A joint effort between several sources then made into an actual production rifle and just recently started getting in people's hands.

In addition to the video posted on the previous page, check this out.

(2017)
    must spread rep

Ah, Stoner. Thanks!
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Lehigh County)

What Would Stoner Do.

Basically it's a modern interpretation of what Eugene Stoner would have come up with, if he was designing the AR-15 in 2020 as opposed to the late 50s. It aims to be a very durable, very lightweight combat rifle utilizing the best cutting-edge materials and technologies available without sacrificing reliability. It eschews superfluous features like forward assist and telescoping stock, in favor of simplicity and lightness.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Allegheny County)

I was building WWSD carbines before WWSD carbines were cool.

https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=320603

I finished mine after they started their original concept, but I had been planning it for a year or more prior.
    Great minds think alike, I guess. Ha.

(York County)

Picked up an NcStar 26" carbine soft case and she fits like a glove along with nine magazines (six 30 rounders, three 20s).

I like the rifle, but I have to admit I am digging that case. Looks pretty good for an inexpensive case. About $37 at Primary Arms, but not all colors in stock.
    Live Free or Die! FJB!!!

(Bucks County)

So what*s the typical weight and cost of build on these, in comparison to a standard ar?

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jkinpa1 View Post
    So what*s the typical weight and cost of build on these, in comparison to a standard ar?
    Mine weighs in just a hair under 5 lbs for the complete rifle sans optics. With a fully loaded 30 round magazine, it's just under 6 lbs. With full magazine and the Holosun red dot on mine, it's 6.25 lbs. And with all that plus the Vortex 3x magnifier, it's just under 7 lbs, all-in.

Cost for the prebuilt rifle from Brownells is $1699. Assuming all individual components are available for sale, you could theoretically piece it together for ~$1500, plus some minor smith work to get the ambidextrous PDQ lever to fit into the standard KP-15 lower.

You can build a close facsimile with less expensive component substitutions for anywhere between $800 and $1200, really depends on what you prefer to put in your rifle. The following video explains the components chosen and why. The only addendum is that the final rifles shipped with in-house KE Arms carbon fiber handguards which are functional clones of the unobtainium Faxon carbon handguards.

A big chunk of the money goes into the Young hard chromed BCG ($300), the KE Arms SLT-1 trigger group ($220), and aforementioned carbon fiber handguard ($320, out of stock at brownells currently)
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Bucks County)

Mine weighs in just a hair under 5 lbs for the complete rifle sans optics. With a fully loaded 30 round magazine, it's just under 6 lbs. With full magazine and the Holosun red dot on mine, it's 6.25 lbs. And with all that plus the Vortex 3x magnifier, it's just under 7 lbs, all-in.

Cost for the prebuilt rifle from Brownells is $1699. Assuming all individual components are available for sale, you could theoretically piece it together for ~$1500, plus some minor smith work to get the ambidextrous PDQ lever to fit into the standard KP-15 lower.

You can build a close facsimile with less expensive component substitutions for anywhere between $800 and $1200, really depends on what you prefer to put in your rifle. The following video explains the components chosen and why. The only addendum is that the final rifles shipped with in-house KE Arms carbon fiber handguards which are functional clones of the unobtainium Faxon carbon handguards.

A big chunk of the money goes into the Young hard chromed BCG ($300), the KE Arms SLT-1 trigger group ($220), and aforementioned carbon fiber handguard ($320, out of stock at brownells currently)

Awesome. Thanks for the info.

The weight is about perfect in my mind. I just need to get over the mental baggage of the stock, lol

Best of luck with the build, truly impressive and inspiring!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast