Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: What's black, aluminum, plastic, and is worth its weight in silver?

You could have just let him think he won.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    You could have just let him think he won.

Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Carbon County)

You know nothing about the AR-10. In the early 70's you could buy parts kits out of Canada that came out of Ceylon and other 3rd world countries, but I have NEVER seen one assembled. NEVER. 30 years dead in the water. When the tinker toy companies got the idea to go with a heavier round(What, 15- 20 years ago?) they copied the AR-15 design as close as they could. The fact that they could not standardize parts should tell you something. I bet a hundred dollars a real AR-10 upper would never fit on one of the AR-10s made today. I had one of the first aftermarket AR-15 lower receivers. It was copied from M16 prints and had the sear area milled out, but no pin hole. I bought the first aftermarket 1911A-1 frame from Essex. They screwed up and used 1911 prints and you had to use an extended or 1911 trigger in the frame. Maybe you would like to give me a class on that too? I mean, you do know more from the internet than someone that was actually involved, right? I see a LOT of bullshit in books and nobody checking up on it, and even more on the internet.

(Allegheny County)

Jesus Christ.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Jesus Christ.
    Indeed!
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunplummer View Post
    You know nothing about the AR-10. In the early 70's you could buy parts kits out of Canada that came out of Ceylon and other 3rd world countries, but I have NEVER seen one assembled. NEVER. 30 years dead in the water. When the tinker toy companies got the idea to go with a heavier round(What, 15- 20 years ago?) they copied the AR-15 design as close as they could. The fact that they could not standardize parts should tell you something. I bet a hundred dollars a real AR-10 upper would never fit on one of the AR-10s made today. I had one of the first aftermarket AR-15 lower receivers. It was copied from M16 prints and had the sear area milled out, but no pin hole. I bought the first aftermarket 1911A-1 frame from Essex. They screwed up and used 1911 prints and you had to use an extended or 1911 trigger in the frame. Maybe you would like to give me a class on that too? I mean, you do know more from the internet than someone that was actually involved, right? I see a LOT of bullshit in books and nobody checking up on it, and even more on the internet.
    Nobody here is arguing that new AR-10 platform rifles will freely interchange parts with a 1950s AR-10.

Can you take a new 1911 from any of a myriad of manufacturers today and freely exchange parts with a World War I era 1911? Unlikely. Doesn't mean the new guns aren't real 1911s.

You are implying you were "actually involved," eh? Did you work for Armalite back in the 50s? Or is your involvement merely comprised of going to gun shows back in the 70s and seeing parts kits from old overseas service rifles?

(Carbon County)

Aberdeen Proving Grounds, 3 years Marine Corp Small Arms Repairman (Not Armorer), 4 Years Army Small Arms Repairman, Small Arms Repairman for the NATO 1984 CAT Shoot. 40 years machinist, tool & die, gun repair. What are your credentials? Telling your friends you "Built" an AR-15 all by your self? It is obvious to me you don't even know why the 1911 and 1911A-1 triggers were different. You can't teach people that already know everything. I'm done.

(Allegheny County)

THANK GOD!

Aberdeen Proving Grounds, 3 years Marine Corp Small Arms Repairman (Not Armorer), 4 Years Army Small Arms Repairman, Small Arms Repairman for the NATO 1984 CAT Shoot. 40 years machinist, tool & die, gun repair. What are your credentials? Telling your friends you "Built" an AR-15 all by your self? It is obvious to me you don't even know why the 1911 and 1911A-1 triggers were different. You can't teach people that already know everything. I'm done.
    Is that a promise?

(Lehigh County)

There are a lot of reasons, many picked up in WWII. In 60 years of trial and error with the M16, lets hope they learned something. 60 years of changes. Think about that. I have no idea what an SR-25 is or looks like, but I doubt it resembles an M16 to closely.
    Thank you for listing your credentials, they explain a lot about your very rigid opinions on things about which you admittedly know nothing. At least we agree on your last comment.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567