Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    (Carbon County)

Default Re: What's black, aluminum, plastic, and is worth its weight in silver?

I thought you were probably "Book" smart and hands on mechanic ignorant. Yes well, that is what the AR-15 has given us. A generation of shooters that think 3-4 rounds somewhere in the general area of where you want them is better than 1 round exactly where you want it. In that case, a loose lower will get you in the "general area".

(Lehigh County)

I think raxar was referring to the irrelevance of trigger quality when the rifle is clamped into a ransom rest before shooting for group size
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunplummer View Post
    I thought you were probably "Book" smart and hands on mechanic ignorant. Yes well, that is what the AR-15 has given us. A generation of shooters that think 3-4 rounds somewhere in the general area of where you want them is better than 1 round exactly where you want it. In that case, a loose lower will get you in the "general area".
    The AR platform is one of the best precision semiauto platforms in existence. There's a reason the army moved away from bolt actions and toward the SR-25 in sniper weapon system roles.

(Carbon County)

There are a lot of reasons, many picked up in WWII. In 60 years of trial and error with the M16, lets hope they learned something. 60 years of changes. Think about that. I have no idea what an SR-25 is or looks like, but I doubt it resembles an M16 to closely.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by General Geoff View Post
    I think raxar was referring to the irrelevance of trigger quality when the rifle is clamped into a ransom rest before shooting for group size
    Ha! Ha! I shot expert with the M-14, M16, and M16A-1. All on a Marine 500 yard range with no scope or vise.

(Lehigh County)

I have no idea what an SR-25 is or looks like, but I doubt it resembles an M16 to closely.
    It's a refined AR-10, basically.

image-full-124058-988a5077ae005f362bc10f1b5caa6ef4.jpg

(Carbon County)

I know what an AR-10 is, and that ain't it. What you have there is conglomeration of the M16 series of rifles. The AR-10 was a TOTAL failure. The fact that the present day AR-10 is dependent on the manufacturer of that specific rifle should tell you something. It is as close to "Homemade" as you can get.

(Lehigh County)

I know what an AR-10 is, and that ain't it. What you have there is conglomeration of the M16 series of rifles. The AR-10 was a TOTAL failure. The fact that the present day AR-10 is dependent on the manufacturer of that specific rifle should tell you something. It is as close to "Homemade" as you can get.
    True there is a bit less interchangeability with AR-10 pattern rifles and parts compared to AR-15 pattern rifles, but I would hardly call that a failure or home made. Currently the actual Armalite AR-10B uses the same magazines as the SR-25.

Current Generation AR-10:

AR10TAC20.jpg

(Carbon County)

The "Real" original AR-10 was a total failure. It disappeared probably before you were born. That is why you never heard of it. It ended up in 3rd world countries or with guerrilla groups. Like the Henry rifle of today having nothing to do with the original Henry, it is the same with what you call an AR-10. What you are looking at is a bastardized M16 which really hasn't been around too long.

(Lehigh County)

The "Real" original AR-10 was a total failure. It disappeared probably before you were born. That is why you never heard of it. It ended up in 3rd world countries or with guerrilla groups. Like the Henry rifle of today having nothing to do with the original Henry, it is the same with what you call an AR-10. What you are looking at is a bastardized M16 which really hasn't been around too long.
    The AR-15 rifle as put into service by the US Military designation M16, dates back to 1964. The original AR-15 from which the M16 was born, dates back to 1957. It was essentially a shortened action version of the AR-10. The AR-10 itself is a whopping year younger, dating to 1956. These original weapons are all well over half a century old. A modern AR-15 has as much in common with the late 50s models, as a modern SR-25 has with the original AR-10. But they are all built upon the same basic platform. The AR-15 referring to a short action (5.56/.223) and the AR-10 referring to a long action (7.62/.308).

First SR-25 was released in the early 1990s as a refinement of the AR-10 under the supervision of Eugene Stoner himself, the original AR-10 designer who started it all. The SR-25 is itself over 30 years old , so I would say it's been around for a pretty long time.

Saying the SR-25 has "nothing to do" with the original AR-10 is an outright lie.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast