Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: What's black, aluminum, plastic, and is worth its weight in silver?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    I*ll stick my AMT Billet 80% lowers, Brass/Aluminum Forging Enterprises uppers & all the normal parts that make the AR what it is.. including the Forward Assist, LOL!

But good luck to those who like the polymer. Polymer belongs on a Pistol gull-dang-it! LOL!
    Of all the problems I've had with my WWSD rifle, the polymer lower was not one of them. I really like the monolithic nylon lower.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    I*ll stick my AMT Billet 80% lowers, Brass/Aluminum Forging Enterprises uppers & all the normal parts that make the AR what it is.. including the Forward Assist, LOL!

But good luck to those who like the polymer. Polymer belongs on a Pistol gull-dang-it! LOL!
    I am confused. In the opening post you say "At 100 yards". The targets are marked at various ranges. I threw together an aluminum and plastic cheap "Part gun" in 6.5 Grendel the other year to hunt WV and with Russian steel cased ammo it will shoot groups inside those groups. If all those targets are 100 yards, I will not be buying anything polymer anytime soon.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunplummer View Post
    I am confused. In the opening post you say "At 100 yards". The targets are marked at various ranges. I threw together an aluminum and plastic cheap "Part gun" in 6.5 Grendel the other year to hunt WV and with Russian steel cased ammo it will shoot groups inside those groups. If all those targets are 100 yards, I will not be buying anything polymer anytime soon.
    Its an AR, the lower has very little to do with accuracy.
    Last edited by raxar; April 18th, 2022 at 04:07 PM.

(Allegheny County)

I have no idea what point you tried to make, but I "LOL'd" at the last line.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lehigh County)

That scaled silhouette target was done at ~30 yards to try and preserve the intended silhouette sizes at distance. Are you telling me you consistently shoot sub-2" 10 round groups at 100 yards with russian steel cased ammo?

If so, congratulations, you are not only a superb marksman with a scary accurate "part gun" but also have the most consistent lot of steel cased russian ammunition ever manufactured.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Its an AR, the lower has very little to do with accuracy.
    REALLY?? I am even more confused, I thought the trigger mechanism was encased in the lower receiver.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by General Geoff View Post
    That scaled silhouette target was done at ~30 yards to try and preserve the intended silhouette sizes at distance. Are you telling me you consistently shoot sub-2" 10 round groups at 100 yards with russian steel cased ammo?

If so, congratulations, you are not only a superb marksman with a scary accurate "part gun" but also have the most consistent lot of steel cased russian ammunition ever manufactured.
    I did not even see what caliber you were using, may have missed it. I assume .223? I bought a couple boxes of Russian 6.5 Grendel to "Seat" and seal the gun and sight in. I was amazed! The Russian steel cased was as accurate as the high end American hunting ammunition I planned to use. I do have a short tube scope on it. Maybe that is the difference?

(Clearfield County)

REALLY?? I am even more confused, I thought the trigger mechanism was encased in the lower receiver.
    The shooter's ability has nothing to do with the inherent accuracy of the gun.

(Carbon County)

OK, that made no sense.

(Clearfield County)

OK, that made no sense.
    It will if you look up what "inherent" means.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast