Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default El Malo (the bad)

I guess these pictures can fit in both *show us your old school revolvers* and *what did you buy today* but activity seems low so I started a new thread. El Malo in 357 mag. Imported by Cimarron. I honestly don*t know if it was made by Uberti, Davidson or the other ones but I love it. What do you guys think of single actions? I have a bug for them lately.

DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Monroe County)

Default Re: El Malo (the bad)

The good, the bad and the noisy cricket.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Lancaster County)

I also grabbed this recently. I think it is what started my desire to pick up a larger single action again. It is a Heritage 22 mag/lr with 16 inch barrel.

DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    I guess these pictures can fit in both *show us your old school revolvers* and *what did you buy today* but activity seems low so I started a new thread. El Malo in 357 mag. Imported by Cimarron. I honestly don*t know if it was made by Uberti, Davidson or the other ones but I love it. What do you guys think of single actions? I have a bug for them lately.

Cimmeron are made by uberti. Nice looking SAA, I've been getting a hankering for another one lately too.

(Lancaster County)

No matter what source I look at I*m getting different answers. One says they import Uburtis one says Pietta, and another says Davidson. Nonetheless, this is a solid revolver. I had it out today and thank goodness the nonadjustable site and channel is spot on
    Last edited by bripro; October 21st, 2021 at 08:33 PM.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Allegheny County)

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

If you want a affordable single action with proper throats and consistent bore sizes the Italian guns are the answer.

they also made the best westerns and the best food.

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    Davidson's is an importer/distributor , not a manufacturer. Navy Arms , Dixie Gun Works , EMF , are a few others who have been importing replica Italian single actions and percussion revolvers for a long time.

Uberti and Pietta are the two big high-quality Italian single action manufacturers. Uberti is owned by Beretta.

Cimarron is the big cheese , and largest importer of guns from both manufacturers. They're also the ones who specify the most 'special editions'. Cimarron also get unfinished guns and does the special finishes in their Texas plant.

I'd bet your's is made by Uberti as they have been making quite a few single actions with octagon barrels the last couple years.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Davidson's is an importer/distributor , not a manufacturer. Navy Arms , Dixie Gun Works , EMF , are a few others who have been importing replica Italian single actions and percussion revolvers for a long time.

Uberti and Pietta are the two big high-quality Italian single action manufacturers. Uberti is owned by Beretta.

Cimarron is the big cheese , and largest importer of guns from both manufacturers. They're also the ones who specify the most 'special editions'. Cimarron also get unfinished guns and does the special finishes in their Texas plant.

I'd bet your's is made by Uberti as they have been making quite a few single actions with octagon barrels the last couple years.
    I said uberti Based on the case hardened finished. Pietta just doesn't do as nice a job. I own guns from both.

(Lancaster County)

I find it interesting hearing from two members who are in the know that are leaning to Uberti. I*ll go with that! My research was pointing me toward Pietta but I just don*t have the experience many of our fellow members do. Thank you everyone, I appreciate the info.

Update-Not that it matters at all to me but I just looked it up directly. Perhaps Pietta is upping its own expectations?? Is Uberti considered the better between the two?
    Last edited by bripro; October 21st, 2021 at 08:58 PM.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast