Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
Maybe it's my lack of knowledge but when I fly I lock my handgun case with real locks and put that inside my suit case that's locked with a dinky TSA luggage lock. I always thought the idea was to allow TSA access into your baggage to inspect that the handgun case meets travel requirements.
TSA won*t open luggage without you present. Therefore, you can lock it, or not, if they want in, you*re going to be standing there. The gun case proper needs secure (non-TSA locks per THEIR documents at the gate). That way you can*t say * you opened it, took the gun, and relocked it), the gate agent doesn*t even want that case opened to peek in. They look at the locked case, give you a card to fill out, affix it to case, you put it back in luggage, close and lock (or don*t lock) . From there it goes up a belt to a TSA inspector who xrays the bag. it*s total simplicity He either likes what he sees, or he comes out and you open it for him.
It*s so simple, everyone feels the need in their mind to complicate it because, * it*s a .gov program, it has to be worse than this*!
It*s elegant in its simplicity.