Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New belt?

(Beaver County)

Default New belt?

Apparently Kore Essentials battle belt is offering an adjustable battle belt in the same way they*do there gun belts with the notches. It looks pretty cool and I am temped to try one out. Anyone have any experience wiht*it?*

(Juniata County)

Default Re: New belt?

I don*t know anything about that belt, but I*m
    Shocked at the lack of answers.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

The lack of answers means probably not many people want to buy a $140 belt.

(Beaver County)

Yeah $140 is steep- but I have some of their other belts and I like them. I’m not sure if I can spend that right now

(Washington County)

I had the Nexbelt which is very similar. The main issue is the buckle is huge. Besides what you see on the front there is even more on the back side of the belt making it even wider. If you want to appendix carry you can forget it. The adjust-ability was nice, but the belt itself was uncomfortable. It seemed to rigid horizontally. I'm currently using the WPS low profile EDC belt $40. It has worked really well, lots of adjust-ability, but the Velcro is loud.
    "The best investment on earth is earth."

(Allegheny County)

Dickies double prong leather belt is great. Less than $20. Plenty of belt for iwb carry. I have one stiff nylon tactical belt and can't stand it.

(Allegheny County)

Perhaps some of the posters above are mixing regular/EDC belts and "battle belts" up. The Ronin Tactics are between $150-$200, Grey Ghost is around $120, the Ferro Bison is over $200, so $140 is certainly within the normal price range and really on the cheaper side of these heavy duty belts. I have a regular Kore leather one and like it overall. Would also be interested in hearing if other have experience. Though the belt did just come out the end of this year.

Bought two Kore EDC belts a month and a half ago, I now have EIGHT! It*s become my only belt, I*ve got 3 nylon and 5 leather with different buckles. No more Siatica pain from carrying my 5* 1911*s or hi cap pistols. Love these belts. I had the *Ratchet* belt prior to Kore. They were good, but the buckles and styles Kore offer surpass the others.

I have no interest in Kore Essentials, just a very satisfied customer.

(Montgomery County)

No experience but as others have said, the Kore EDC belts are fantastic. The micro-adjust really helps with different clothes/guns/holster combos.

On another note - I've been going nuts trying to figure out a simple 'battle' belt setup that won't run me a bunch of money, can use some existing equipment I have, can be used across a few different scenarios, and has a good probability of success without having to end up returning shit. It's not an easy formula.

Right now my best bet is I ordered a Wilder Tactical minimalist belt pad which uses any existing belt you have. I think it will pair well with a regular Kore but then just realized any slung rifles may get scratched by / apply scratches to the Kore buckle. Might have to get a Blue Alpha EDC with the plastic buckle now ... this rivals finding the right holster/carry setup.

(Bucks County)

Whoahhh. a "battle belt". These could come in handy next time I have to do an emergency rappell out of a Columbian drug lords helicopter or next time I am stranded on top of the towering inferno. But I quit carrying 300 ft of rope around years ago..........And $140?

For now I just wear a regular belt but I do have a backup plan. Something like the scene in Machete where he cuts the bad guys stomach open and rappells to safety with his intestines. Both of these options have the same probability of actually happening.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast