Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Electoral College at the State Level?

Would it be possible to switch our state level elections to an Electoral College model? Our state reps and senators and our US House Reps are pretty much on it already, since they are elected by the residents within their districts. Why should everyone in rural PA be subject to the whims of the animals in Shittsburh and Philthytown for our US Senators, Gubnors, AG's, etc?

Is it possible, or is there no way it could be done? I have already made my first call to my PA Rep on it.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Default Re: Electoral College at the State Level?

Why not just designate Philly and Pittsburgh as free-cities like 15th and 16th centuries. That way they can do whatever the hell they want within the confines of their respective shit-holes and the rest of the state doesn't need to worry about them at all. They can raise taxes to whatever level they want, make any rules in how they govern their people all within the utopia of their own making. The rest of PA wouldn't have to deal with them since the cities would have no voice beyond their borders.

Sounds like a win-win to me.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Seph View Post
    Why not just designate Philly and Pittsburgh as free-cities like 15th and 16th centuries. That way they can do whatever the hell they want within the confines of their respective shit-holes and the rest of the state doesn't need to worry about them at all. They can raise taxes to whatever level they want, make any rules in how they govern their people all within the utopia of their own making. The rest of PA wouldn't have to deal with them since the cities would have no voice beyond their borders.

At this point I would be OK with that, seeing as they are no longer on my list of places to go but I think that that is less viable than the other suggestion.

(Beaver County)

Every county gets one electoral vote. That vote is determined by the people in that county only.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Bradford County)

Come take a drive through New Albany or Towanda here in Bradco, or Meshoppen in Wyoming Co; take a look at all the run-down shithole subsidized rental places with 300 pound fatass losers sitting around not working, wolfing down their chips and soda and smiling at you with their one freaking black tooth. Not everyone out here in the sticks votes R. Lazy ass people vote D wherever they happen to live.
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

We need to bring back land-owning as a prereq to voting. Letting the scum vote for the politicians that control their entitlements is akin to nepotism.

Quote Originally Posted by Seph View Post

I like that idea but you know it will just drive people who hate the taxes out of the cities to infect the red counties, just like the California effect on Colorado and Texas.

If it comes with a requirement that you must LIVE in the city to work in the city, I'll be OK with it. This will keep Democrats from moving outside of the city if they love working there so much.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DucatiRon View Post
    Every county gets one electoral vote. That vote is determined by the people in that county only.
    That's what I'm talking about right there.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI View Post
    We need to bring back land-owning as a prereq to voting. Letting the scum vote for the politicians that control their entitlements is akin to nepotism.
    And another good idea. I'm considering getting a sit-down with my Rep and discuss this situation. The left is at war with us and they have no morals. Like it or not, we have to take the 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em' approach. Maybe these things won't pass but we can have them running defense to prevent them just like they do to us.

Quote Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI View Post
    I can get behind that. Have to have skin in the game to play.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast