Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Rmr /pistol red dots

I WANT to join the cool kid club I really do. I don’t know if I’m retarded or what but I bought an RMR to go with my 19 MOS. None of the screws mounting the rmr to the plate would work. Ordered new set from ch precision along with ch precision plate they didn’t work either. Bought another set of screws took it to a local shop and they couldn’t get any of them to mount either.

Okay so whatever I figure I’ll just put in on my brand spanking new Walther PDP. Got the plate in the mail today and I don’t what Hercules torqued the screws on the PDP plate but I fucking stripped them trying to get them off the plate. I’m about to say screw it all and sell the RMR. I really want to learn how to shoot pistols with red dots but if it’s always going to be this much of a hassle noooo thank you irons work just fine for me.

Last thing…why are manufacturers screwing around with this optic plate bullshit? Just make them mount as easy as rifle red dots on a mini pic rail

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Rmr /pistol red dots

Quote Originally Posted by NJCzbt View Post
    Last thing*why are manufacturers screwing around with this optic plate bullshit? Just make them mount as easy as rifle red dots on a mini pic rail
    Sight height. I have seen mini pic rails in the past and it makes the red dot sit extremely high. Imagine AR style sights on top of your Glock slide.

(Bucks County)

Try Forward Control Designs for a plate.... CH has had some QC issues from what I heard..

I have a Holosun on my G19.5 with no issues, but I have a different CH plate..the Defender which is polymer

How much do you want for the RMR.....

(Bucks County)

I WANT to join the cool kid club I really do. I don*t know if I*m retarded or what but I bought an RMR to go with my 19 MOS. None of the screws mounting the rmr to the plate would work. Ordered new set from ch precision along with ch precision plate they didn*t work either. Bought another set of screws took it to a local shop and they couldn*t get any of them to mount either.

Okay so whatever I figure I*ll just put in on my brand spanking new Walther PDP. Got the plate in the mail today and I don*t what Hercules torqued the screws on the PDP plate but I fucking stripped them trying to get them off the plate. I*m about to say screw it all and sell the RMR. I really want to learn how to shoot pistols with red dots but if it*s always going to be this much of a hassle noooo thank you irons work just fine for me.

Last thing*why are manufacturers screwing around with this optic plate bullshit? Just make them mount as easy as rifle red dots on a mini pic rail
    The problem with pistol plate mounting is the trying to not interfere with the extractor or firing pin channel...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pag23 View Post
    The problem with pistol plate mounting is the trying to not interfere with the extractor or firing pin channel...
    the extractor side mounting hole actually comes with a shorter screw for just that reason.

(Chester County)

I WANT to join the cool kid club I really do. I don*t know if I*m retarded or what but I bought an RMR to go with my 19 MOS. None of the screws mounting the rmr to the plate would work. Ordered new set from ch precision along with ch precision plate they didn*t work either. Bought another set of screws took it to a local shop and they couldn*t get any of them to mount either.

Okay so whatever I figure I*ll just put in on my brand spanking new Walther PDP. Got the plate in the mail today and I don*t what Hercules torqued the screws on the PDP plate but I fucking stripped them trying to get them off the plate. I*m about to say screw it all and sell the RMR. I really want to learn how to shoot pistols with red dots but if it*s always going to be this much of a hassle noooo thank you irons work just fine for me.

With the exception of the g43x and g48, I rather buy a regular (non mos) model Glock and send it out to have the slide milled. This way, you don*t have to worry about plates.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Cumberland County)

yep, milled all day every day.

(Montgomery County)

Update to this. Just bought a new staccato c2 duo that I*m going to try, again, to mount this on. Wasn*t happy about having to buy a $150 mounting plate and kit to do it though after spending over 2k on the freaking Gun

(Franklin County)

Sounds like a mess. Only handgun I have a dot mounted on is my FNX-45 Tac. It came with all the required mounting plates for any major optic, like a $1,000+ pistol should. Took 5 minutes. It has over 3,000 rds through it now and I haven't had to touch it. Mounted a Burris FF2.

(Bucks County)

Update to this. Just bought a new staccato c2 duo that I*m going to try, again, to mount this on. Wasn*t happy about having to buy a $150 mounting plate and kit to do it though after spending over 2k on the freaking Gun
    Should have bought the FCD plate to try with the Glock....less money spent and helps you get use to red dots.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast