Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Primers…

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: Primers…

I hate to say it but I hope they start bring WOLF primers back onto the market. The large pistol were troublesome when decapping and sometimes lead to losing the case the small pistol primers were OK though for both the revolvers had to be retuned. Though I could always use the Wolf stuff for semi-auto work and save the Federal and Winchester for revolvers.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    I bought 2,000 SRP last week at $65 per. I*m fairly confident Cabela*s didn*t lose $110 on the transaction.

9mm is the only cartridge I shoot that I don*t reload. It didn*t seem worthwhile. I*m running low on stores now 3 years since my last buy and I have to reevaluate that position. I did buy a 9mm mold at the height of non availability just in case.
    Back in 2018-2019, Speer was having a big rebate of 20%, plus a 20% off sale, plus I got 10% off for birthday pricing from Midway and free shipping. I got many thousands of 124g and 147g, whatever it came out to, five or six cents a bullet. Plus with 1.6 cent primers from Sellier and Bellot and Titegroup powder, I'm shooting 9mm for 10 cents a round or less.

I think in 2018-2019, 9mm got down to 16 cents a round for Prvi Partisan brass ammo, I think some others got down that low too. So I was buying up factory ammo too for the endless brass supply. At the time I guess it wasn't really "worth it" but I was still reloading it and I'm sitting pretty right now because of it.

I think 9mm is worth reloading because when supply is great, prices are low and that is all well and good, but when the panic happens, it seems to be scarce and way overblown with pricing. When components are cheap, keep reloading it and just stash it on the shelf. Stored well it will last decades, so to me it's a worthwhile investment.

It's like with stocks, the time to buy is when it is low. Last year when oil stocks had bottomed out the analysts said no no no don't buy oil and gas stocks. Now that prices have more than doubled on those stocks, now they are saying buy it now. The time to buy was 18 months ago.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    I hate to say it but I hope they start bring WOLF primers back onto the market. The large pistol were troublesome when decapping and sometimes lead to losing the case the small pistol primers were OK though for both the revolvers had to be retuned. Though I could always use the Wolf stuff for semi-auto work and save the Federal and Winchester for revolvers.
    I wonder how Biden's ban will affect Wolf ammo and primers from Russia.

I remember Cabelas in 2014-2015 started bringing in S&B primers from Czech for $19.99. With a 20% off giftcard it was a sweet deal. I don't like them as much as CCI as they are a tighter fit but they work.

(Washington County)

Only good news I have seen lately is the blue bullets company eliminated their back log of orders.

9mm is always worth reloading if you have a progressive press.

I received the East Coast Reloading emails also. They are selling a case of Winchester's (forget the number but believe they were SRP), at just under 700 bucks a case.
    That works out to 14 cents each which works out to 140 bucks per 1000.
    The two full cases of SPP and SRP I bought 4 years ago are drawing more interest than my 401K.
    The times they are a changin'!
    Engineers make things idiot proof! Evolution makes better idiots!

(Westmoreland County)

I've had some luck as of late using www.ammoseek.com which has a link for reloading supplies. Using that I did find some large pistol primers not too long ago, which disappeared almost immediately.

(Luzerne County)

I just received 1000 CCI LPP from Midwayusa. *.$77/1000, tax, shipping, hazardous mareial*..nearly $120 for one brick. The cost of as8ngle primer now a days is what I used to spend on three loaded rounds of .45 ACP
    “Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.”Hemingway ...

(Franklin County)

My only source locally is Sportsman's Warehouse. They have been getting intermittent deliveries for the past couple months. 3 weeks ago I scored 4 bricks of CCI #41 Small Rifles over the weekend. They were $52 per, but they also had regular CCI's for $43. Ballistic Products has had Cheddite 209 primers in stock 3 times in the last two months. I got the 5,000 limit last month. $34 per brick. Very reasonable.

(Delaware County)

Midway has been putting out various primers on weekdays at 10am and they are usually gone by 11am. the price is $80 a brick plus hazmat tax and shipping so its like $110 delivered. the limit is 1 per order and 7 days before you can order another of the same type. Brownells is the same price but their limit is 2 per order. I did check CCI web sight last week and the MSRP was $78.99 per 1K so this is today's price for primers. I doubt we will see $30 a brick after this goes back to normal, I think the new price will be $45 a brick after all this panic slows down

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by fats429 View Post
    Midway has been putting out various primers on weekdays at 10am and they are usually gone by 11am. the price is $80 a brick plus hazmat tax and shipping so its like $110 delivered. the limit is 1 per order and 7 days before you can order another of the same type. Brownells is the same price but their limit is 2 per order. I did check CCI web sight last week and the MSRP was $78.99 per 1K so this is today's price for primers. I doubt we will see $30 a brick after this goes back to normal, I think the new price will be $45 a brick after all this panic slows down
    Probably so. Unless Cabelas/Bass Pro do like they did before and import a bunch of S&B primers to undercut the price.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast