Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default I'm not impressed with the Surefire X300

I got a Surefire X300U-B last week and I don't like it. Let me explain why I don't like it because it's pretty simple; the switches are awful. I can smash my finger forward into the switch and if I want constant, the up/down paddles are REALLY stiff. I've got 3 TLR1-HLs and an Olight PL2 and those are way easier to use. The output is good, it seems to have a wider spill than the Olight I had on my Beretta, and the name recognition allows me to post photos with it and flex on instagram (joking) but I'm probably going to sell it, and either get another TLR1 or put my PL2 back on it. I do have ARC WML extended switches on the way but I don't know how much of a difference they're going to make. For now, I'll hold off on buying that M9A1/X300 holster I was looking at before it arrived.

Am I an idiot for getting the supposed king of the weapon mounted lights and really not liking it? I got a Creative XP clone of this last year off of amazon for night shoots in the fall and I thought it was trash but now that I have the X300, the switches are just as bad.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: I'm not impressed with the Surefire X300

Must be you.

(York County)

That's weird. I am very pleased with mine and the switches aren't too tight. I would reach out to see if they have any suggestions or perhaps replace it. If you got it from Amazon I would be careful that it isn't counterfeit. There was a batch of Surefires a few months back that were replaced after they were discovered fake.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by deltabravo View Post
    That's weird. I am very pleased with mine and the switches aren't too tight. I would reach out to see if they have any suggestions or perhaps replace it. If you got it from Amazon I would be careful that it isn't counterfeit. There was a batch of Surefires a few months back that were replaced after they were discovered fake.
    I got it from Primary Arms.

(Dauphin County)

When I post this response it will move it to directly above your "Want to Sell" ad. You may want to think about that.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    I got it from Primary Arms.
    https://www.primaryarms.com/return-policy

I wonder if you called and calmly expressed a concern that you possibly received a defective light, if they would waive the return shipping?

Either way, return shipping cost has to be less of a loss than you will take by selling it.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Bucks County)

Selling something that is defective? To whom?
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    I got a Surefire X300U-B last week and I don't like it. Let me explain why I don't like it because it's pretty simple; the switches are awful. I can smash my finger forward into the switch and if I want constant, the up/down paddles are REALLY stiff. I've got 3 TLR1-HLs and an Olight PL2 and those are way easier to use. The output is good, it seems to have a wider spill than the Olight I had on my Beretta, and the name recognition allows me to post photos with it and flex on instagram (joking) but I'm probably going to sell it, and either get another TLR1 or put my PL2 back on it. I do have ARC WML extended switches on the way but I don't know how much of a difference they're going to make. For now, I'll hold off on buying that M9A1/X300 holster I was looking at before it arrived.

Am I an idiot for getting the supposed king of the weapon mounted lights and really not liking it? I got a Creative XP clone of this last year off of amazon for night shoots in the fall and I thought it was trash but now that I have the X300, the switches are just as bad.
    What do you mean when you say smashing your finger forward into the switch?
    How will the extended controls help?
    I have no complaints on the switches on my x-300's.
    I never really use the toggle switches for constant on anyway.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Selling something that is defective? To whom?
    I'm betting the light is not defective, he just doesn't like it. Surefire has excellent customer service. That's built into the high purchase price. If it was defective, they'd fix or replace it. Here's their warranty:

SureFire warrants that if you—our customer—purchase one of our products, and we determine that it is defective in material and/or workmanship during your lifetime, we will repair or replace it—no hassle!

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    https://www.primaryarms.com/return-policy

I wonder if you called and calmly expressed a concern that you possibly received a defective light, if they would waive the return shipping?

Either way, return shipping cost has to be less of a loss than you will take by selling it.
    I'd honestly rather stick needles under my nails than talk to someone on an 800 number to try to save a few dollars. I can go out of my way to find a box or envelope, go to the post office, and pay to ship it back but I prefer to try to sell it to someone and meet at a place I'm going to be anyway.

To everyone else, it's not defective. It works how it's supposed to but I don't like it. It's that simple.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast