Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Pa. Joins Multi-State Effort to Share Gun Crime Data

Wow! I am fucking impressed!! But then, a shit-load of whereases always does that to me.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Wayne County)

This is what handgun registration(handgun record of sale) leads to. Registration leads to confiscation in the long run.

(Chester County)

Polymer80 is your friend.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    See it/read it here: https://www.governor.pa.gov/wp-conte...e-Data-MOU.pdf
    It is an image, so cannot copy paste text...
    This is a lot to read but everything I read had to do with tracing guns used in crimes. Can anyone point out the section about sharing LTCF status or lists of the handguns sold in Pa to other states?

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    This is a lot to read but everything I read had to do with tracing guns used in crimes. Can anyone point out the section about sharing LTCF status or lists of the handguns sold in Pa to other states?
    Before you can "Trace" a gun, you have to find something to trace it with, aka a registry............. If there is no registry there is no trace mechanism to trace against.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    Before you can "Trace" a gun, you have to find something to trace it with, aka a registry............. If there is no registry there is no trace mechanism to trace against.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    The method Law enforcement currently uses to trace guns is they will contact ATF with the make model and serial number. ATF wiill trace it from the manufacturer to the distributor to the first gun shop that obtained it. From there it's a matter of looking at the 4473 forms to find the initial buyer. This applies to handgun and long guns. If the initial buyer sold it to another it would help if he could refer the investigators to the gun shop that did the transfer so the investigation can continue from there and the first buyer is off the hook. If the gun was a long gun and was sold without a FFL transfer, it sucks to be the first buyer.

As far as PA sharing the PA sale of registry that includes LTCF information, the article doesn't mention that. However beyond the aforementioned tracing method, how or what else is the PA governor going to share with these states? As mentioned in the first post the other participating states are not gun friendly. I assume there are already mechanisms in place that allow state and federal law enforcement will share information on gun crimes so again what else are they suppose to share? Also bear in mind that some of these states have gun registries well beyond handgun sales and gun carry licenses/permits.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    The method Law enforcement currently uses to trace guns is they will contact ATF with the make model and serial number. ATF wiill trace it from the manufacturer to the distributor to the first gun shop that obtained it. From there it's a matter of looking at the 4473 forms to find the initial buyer. This applies to handgun and long guns. If the initial buyer sold it to another it would help if he could refer the investigators to the gun shop that did the transfer so the investigation can continue from there and the first buyer is off the hook. If the gun was a long gun and was sold without a FFL transfer, it sucks to be the first buyer.

As far as PA sharing the PA sale of registry that includes LTCF information, the article doesn't mention that. However beyond the aforementioned tracing method, how or what else is the PA governor going to share with these states? As mentioned in the first post the other participating states are not gun friendly. I assume there are already mechanisms in place that allow state and federal law enforcement will share information on gun crimes so again what else are they suppose to share? Also bear in mind that some of these states have gun registries well beyond handgun sales and gun carry licenses/permits.
    Yup, the courts have ruled the Sales database to be a "form of Registration, however since it's an incomplete registration" lacking legally transferred firearms of multiple types and those legally brought in from out of state, it is not an "Unlawful registration"......

(Chester County)

As soon as you buy a gun from an FFL the gun banners of the world know where that gun is and who bought it. NICS/PICS is used as a registry without calling it a registry. Too late to turn the clocks back now that ship has sailed. There's just one way to cure the problem. Get rid of gun banners/communists once and for all. If you have another solution lets hear it.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12