Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    countryside, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    509
    Rep Power
    18930459

    Default Alexander Arms 50cal Beowulf, anyone familiar?

    Am considering aAlexander Arms 50cal Beowulf. Anyone have? thoughts?
    The chair is against the wall... John has a long mustache...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chester/ Clinton, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    304
    Rep Power
    11620737

    Default Re: Alexander Arms 50cal Beowulf, anyone familiar?

    Have ammo lined up before you buy... Ain't cheap or even available some times. I think Cabelas and Alexander arms are the only one that sell ammo for it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    countryside, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    509
    Rep Power
    18930459

    Default Re: Alexander Arms 50cal Beowulf, anyone familiar?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlytrap View Post
    Have ammo lined up before you buy... Ain't cheap or even available some times. I think Cabelas and Alexander arms are the only one that sell ammo for it.
    actually have a good supply, a friend has tons from when he was hoarding like a fiend
    The chair is against the wall... John has a long mustache...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chester/ Clinton, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    304
    Rep Power
    11620737

    Default Re: Alexander Arms 50cal Beowulf, anyone familiar?

    Quote Originally Posted by R.A.D. View Post
    actually have a good supply, a friend has tons from when he was hoarding like a fiend
    Hmm, sounds like me.

    One was for sale on here last month, good deal, but no picts so passed. Once zeroed in, its a blast and save your shells. Little kick, like a 12g slug.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ambridge, Pennsylvania
    (Beaver County)
    Posts
    2,289
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: Alexander Arms 50cal Beowulf, anyone familiar?

    Quote Originally Posted by R.A.D. View Post
    Am considering aAlexander Arms 50cal Beowulf. Anyone have? thoughts?
    What do you want to know ?
    I've fired several thousand of them. Had 1 rifle and 1 pistol. Sold it off when my shoulder went south. Also had a 450 Bushmaster and the 458 Socom.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    countryside, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    509
    Rep Power
    18930459

    Default Re: Alexander Arms 50cal Beowulf, anyone familiar?

    Quote Originally Posted by DucatiRon View Post
    What do you want to know ?
    I've fired several thousand of them. Had 1 rifle and 1 pistol. Sold it off when my shoulder went south. Also had a 450 Bushmaster and the 458 Socom.
    any issues? things that need to be tweaked? etc... this is in relation to the particular gun itself
    The chair is against the wall... John has a long mustache...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ambridge, Pennsylvania
    (Beaver County)
    Posts
    2,289
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: Alexander Arms 50cal Beowulf, anyone familiar?

    I ran an actual AA upper on a Stag Arms lower. Not a build from someone else. The gun ran pretty flawless. Once or twice I had feeding issues with the mags. I rolled my own 350 grain reloads. Absolutely fun to shoot. I'm pretty sure I used whatever buffer AA had reccomended on their site at the time.

    Also Washington Machine Gun range here on this board runs one in Full Auto for the brave.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tioga County, Pennsylvania
    (Tioga County)
    Posts
    4,760
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: Alexander Arms 50cal Beowulf, anyone familiar?

    Quote Originally Posted by DucatiRon View Post

    Also Washington Machine Gun range here on this board runs one in Full Auto for the brave.
    I've shot that several times, it's a lot of fun.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    West Alexander, Pennsylvania
    (Washington County)
    Posts
    1,456
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: Alexander Arms 50cal Beowulf, anyone familiar?

    Quote Originally Posted by DucatiRon View Post
    I ran an actual AA upper on a Stag Arms lower. Not a build from someone else. The gun ran pretty flawless. Once or twice I had feeding issues with the mags. I rolled my own 350 grain reloads. Absolutely fun to shoot. I'm pretty sure I used whatever buffer AA had reccomended on their site at the time.

    Also Washington Machine Gun range here on this board runs one in Full Auto for the brave.
    Yes we do and it's a beast. We have ran 1,000's of rounds through our Alexander Arms 50cal Beowulf upper on full auto and it's ran perfectly since the day we purchased it.

    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 2
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ambridge, Pennsylvania
    (Beaver County)
    Posts
    2,289
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: Alexander Arms 50cal Beowulf, anyone familiar?

    Well I think that ^^^^^^ settles it. Buy a good brand upper and your GTG.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •