Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Perry County)

Default Re: Larry Vickers in trouble. Looks like tax evasion related to his SOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    OK, and they valued all of them at $1000 ea. WTH
    How do you value something like an M4? If they can be purchased new for around $1000 a piece, a transferable pre '86 is valuable to some people, but the gun itself is still a $1000 gun with a very expensive pre 05/86 registration.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Larry Vickers in trouble. Looks like tax evasion related to his SOT.

If I knew who he is I might care more.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

I call bullshit.

I'm not a LV fanboy, but I respect him and his professional resume.

This smacks of the IRS and DOJ singling out a pro-2A Conservative for institutional persecution.

I am confident that the unlimited funds of the US gov't will corner Mr. Vickers into a settlement that leaves him financially destitute and effectively muzzled

FJB

(Perry County)

One of the reasons I haven't applied for my SOT is the very real concern that a case for tax evasion isn't hard to make. Pay $500 for a SOT, buy 5 items without paying for the $200 tax stamp on each item then fail to sell them...

If I had a retail shop where they're at least on display for sale, it wouldn't be as much of a concern. But having a home based internet business and a binge-sell model, I have felt like it would too easy to get jammed up.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Chester County)

And he is battling cancer. I feel for the guy.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Chester County)

Most likely a case where the DOJ can take those firearms out of circulation for a mere pittance in prosecution costs. Communism working it's heritage on the citizenry. Disarm then attack with all the power of governmental authority. This is how it works. Conspiracy theory first, then the truth is discovered... when it's too late.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12