Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CDC and guns

(Carbon County)

Unhappy CDC and guns

CDC Announces New Plans To Go After Gun Violence

Last month, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Rochelle Walensky said during an interview that gun violence in the United States had become an epidemic and that it was time for the federal government to treat it as such.

“Something has to be done about this,” Walensky said in an exclusive interview with CNN that was published in late August. “Now is the time — it’s pedal to the metal time.

“The scope of the problem is just bigger than we’re even hearing about, and when your heart wrenches every day you turn on the news, you’re only hearing the tip of the iceberg,” Walensky noted further. “We haven’t spent the time, energy, and frankly the resources to understand this problem because it’s been so divided.”

Walensky’s comments last month followed similar sentiments from President Joe Biden in April when he said the country is facing “a gun violence public health epidemic.”

“I swore to the President and to this country that I would protect your health. This is clearly one of those moments, one of those issues that is harming America’s health,” Walensky told CNN.

That time has come, CNN noted further:

Decades after lobbying pressure and politics all but stopped gun violence research, Walensky’s plan is to restart that research and identify effective solutions.

For example, the CDC is spending $2,224,482 to fund a surveillance mechanism that tracks, in nearly real-time, the number of people coming into emergency rooms with nonfatal gunshot wounds. It collects data on the intent of the injury — documenting, for example, whether it was self-inflicted, unintentional, or related to an assault.

The agency is also spending $8,085,935 on 18 research projects to prevent gun-related violence and injuries.

“We don’t even know who enters the emergency department, in most places, as a result of firearm injury — we don’t even know it,” Walensky said.

The CDC’s website has a section for “Firearm Violence” that states:

Firearm violence is a serious public health problem in the United States that impacts the health and safety of Americans. Important gaps remain in our knowledge about the problem and ways to prevent it. Addressing these gaps is an important step toward keeping individuals, families, schools, and communities safe from firearm violence and its consequences.

Biden and Attorney General Merrick Garland discussed gun violence initiatives in June as well.

“Crime has — historically rises during the summer. And as we emerge from this pandemic with the country opening back up again, the traditional summer’s — summer spike may even be more pronounced than it usually would be,” Biden said at the White House.

“For folks at home, here’s what you need to know: I’ve been at this a long time and there are things we know that work that reduces gun violence and violent crime, and things that we don’t know about. But things we know about: Background checks for purchasing a firearm are important; a ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines — no one needs to have a weapon that can fire over 30, 40, 50, even up to 100 rounds unless you think the deer are wearing Kevlar vests or something; community policing and programs that keep neighborhoods safe and keep folks out of trouble,” he said.

At the time, Garland announced new initiatives being taken by the Justice Department regarding gun law enforcement:

We are now taking further steps. First, we will hold gun dealers that break the rules accountable for their actions. Most federally licensed firearms dealers to operate legally in selling guns to individuals who have passed background checks. But those dealers that willfully violate the law increase the risk that guns will fall into the wrong hands.

“Second, we are seeking funding to increase ATF’s dealer inspection capacity and improve its effectiveness,” he added. “Starting today, ATF will make clear to investigators in every field division that, as they prioritize inspections, they must consider the extent to which firearms sold by a dealer are later used in criminal activity.”

Garland also said the DoJ would be “launching a concerted effort to crack down on gun traffickers.”
    https://conservativebrief.com/now-is...&utm_medium=PP
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: CDC and guns

I think everyone knows the cause, they just don't want to talk about it. Give me the $10M and I'll write it out for them.

What do diseases have to do with people committing crimes with firearms?

(Montgomery County)

And heeeeerrrrrrrreeeeeee we go!

Mandatory vaccine for all firearms?
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    I think everyone knows the cause, they just don't want to talk about it. Give me the $10M and I'll write it out for them.
    Nailed it. Yet we must all be punished due to the actions of gang bangers.

You know what there's really an epidemic of in the US? Tyranny. And the CDC is right at the heart of it.
    F*#K THE ATF

(Chester County)

The problem can be fixed with lead injections, citizens decide who gets them.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by KPShooting View Post
    Tyranny. And the CDC is right at the heart of it.
    theyre just not letting a crisis go to waste
    seizing government powers by deceiving the idiot distracted population
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Bucks County)

They’ve been pulling this crap since the Klinton administration.

It’s amazing how partisan all the three letter become when the communists are in charge.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

Overreach continues to be more and more in reach and our society is ripe for the picking.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast