Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 89
  1. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
    (Cumberland County)
    Posts
    5,803
    Rep Power
    21474855

    Default Re: About Knives - HB 1929

    I have one. Decent for the price for sure. And a great box - lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    So the Boker AKs are good? They're very inexpensive for an auto. They look pretty sturdy but I've never fondled one.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Alburtis, Pennsylvania
    (Lehigh County)
    Age
    42
    Posts
    889
    Rep Power
    2235395

    Default Re: About Knives - HB 1929

    I would love to get a Micro tech or something like that but that's not in my cards at the moment unfortunately. Has anyone one had any experience with any of these knives Atomic Mini Defender OTF, AKC F-16 OTF, AKC X-treme EVO OTF and the M&P Assisted OTF? They are all below a $100 price point.

    IANAL

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chester Springs, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    177
    Rep Power
    12537070

    Default Re: About Knives - HB 1929

    Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Just ordered a benchmade shootout. Good price, nice size/features imo. I've always heard benchmade are some of the best - we shall see..... I like otf and switch/button on the side.

    Used to buy a lot of Benchmades. Then a few years back there was some dust up where they posted videos of destroying guns in their manufacturing facility. Apparently a local PD had guns that needed to be destroyed, and Benchmade helped. And some dipshit employee bragged about it on social media. Then people dug into political contributions and a bunch went to Dems. Etc etc.
    Lot of info on the www
    Is Benchmade another Dicks? Make your own decision.

  4. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    State College, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    316
    Rep Power
    21474844

    Default Re: About Knives - HB 1929

    With the law change coming soon is there anything related to double edge switchblade knives? I was looking at this setup since it would be sweet to have a combo of a non-serrated edge and side with serrations - https://www.americanedgeknives.com/m...ries-225-3ccs/

  5. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Richboro, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    2,617
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: About Knives - HB 1929

    Quote Originally Posted by CartBone69 View Post
    I would love to get a Micro tech or something like that but that's not in my cards at the moment unfortunately. Has anyone one had any experience with any of these knives Atomic Mini Defender OTF, AKC F-16 OTF, AKC X-treme EVO OTF and the M&P Assisted OTF? They are all below a $100 price point.

    I didn't order any of those but I just got my order from Grindworks. I posted about these with videos in the knife thread.

    The lightning elite is a large knife and is very snappy. I think it is their top seller and I will like this one. Unfortunately the price is now $35, It was $10 less last week. Instead of the atomic mini defender I got the coffin blaster OTF. Its a small knife that will fit in a jeans 5th pocket and seems surprisingly well made for $15. Unfortunately the Mago Stilleto I ordered is crap. says made in Italy but has a sticker made in China and it broke the second time I retracted the blade. Just sent grindworks an email for a return.

    https://www.grindworx.com/item--Ligh...-DA-OTF--35942

    https://www.grindworx.com/item--Coff...e-DAOTF--35365

    https://www.grindworx.com/item--Mago...tomatic--34268

  6. #76
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    (Philadelphia County)
    Posts
    4,089
    Rep Power
    21474850

    Default Re: About Knives - HB 1929

    The Lightning Elite and the Mago are both now out of stock!
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

  7. #77
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Richboro, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    2,617
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: About Knives - HB 1929

    Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    The Lightning Elite and the Mago are both now out of stock!
    It was in stock 10 min ago when I posted it but they still have some in other colors and some with a tanto blade. From what I read you want the elite version since the internals are better than the standard model. There are a number of videos on YouTube about this and some even show the internals. Reviews from people only carrying $300-400 knives say its sucks and compared to them I am sure it does. But there are other reviews where people beat the crap out of them and carried the old model for years. You pay your money and take your chances and I will keep everyone posted if /when it bites the dust..

    https://www.grindworx.com/item--Ligh...-DA-OTF--37665

    The Mago line is crap and I am pissed off about it right now. We will see if I can get my money back. Mago even has some more expensive knives listed and i am glad I didn't pay $90 for one of their POS knives.

  8. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    (Philadelphia County)
    Posts
    4,089
    Rep Power
    21474850

    Default Re: About Knives - HB 1929

    Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    It was in stock 10 min ago when I posted it but they still have some in other colors and some with a tanto blade.
    Okay,it says sold out in your first link so it's the knives with the black handle that are all gone.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

  9. #79
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mt. Pleasant
    Posts
    2,256
    Rep Power
    21474850

    Default Re: About Knives - HB 1929

    I have a few microtec knockoffs from wish, I'm cheap and not going to drop microtech money for something that is going to get played with/lost/stolen/confiscated. All that said they are fun fidget toys and do hold an edge enough for everyday uses.

  10. #80
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Alburtis, Pennsylvania
    (Lehigh County)
    Age
    42
    Posts
    889
    Rep Power
    2235395

    Default Re: About Knives - HB 1929

    Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    I didn't order any of those but I just got my order from Grindworks. I posted about these with videos in the knife thread.

    The lightning elite is a large knife and is very snappy. I think it is their top seller and I will like this one. Unfortunately the price is now $35, It was $10 less last week. Instead of the atomic mini defender I got the coffin blaster OTF. Its a small knife that will fit in a jeans 5th pocket and seems surprisingly well made for $15. Unfortunately the Mago Stilleto I ordered is crap. says made in Italy but has a sticker made in China and it broke the second time I retracted the blade. Just sent grindworks an email for a return.

    https://www.grindworx.com/item--Ligh...-DA-OTF--35942

    https://www.grindworx.com/item--Coff...e-DAOTF--35365

    https://www.grindworx.com/item--Mago...tomatic--34268
    I'm getting the AKC F16 tomorrow for my birthday, wife ordered it and has it but is making me wait, lol

    https://www.grindworx.com/item--AKC-...tomatic--30995

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. HELP TO ID MARKS ON 1929 MOSIN NAGANT HEX
    By U.S.Patriot in forum Rifles
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 20th, 2011, 10:31 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •