Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Default Re: About Knives - HB 1929

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    I find it incredible that in some towns, being found with one of my EDC blades could be very troubling for my future, yet the gun is "fine" thanks to my LTCF.

Why not change it to LTCW, weapons including blades, guns and any other weapon not outright prohibited under state law (not that there really should be any banned)...
    That would be a horrible idea, I'm sure the ratio of people that carry a pocket knife compared to a gun is at least 10 times higher if not more. Most people carrying a pocket knife aren't carrying it for self defense either, it's more likely they carry it so they can cut open boxes or other stuff as needed.

I'd love to see the automatic knife ban removed, it's pretty dumb that we can have spring assisted that just require a nudge and open almost as fast as an auto but we can't push a button to open it instead.

(Wayne County)

The way it is now, we can own and keep an auto knife at home, but illegal to carry it outside, is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Will3212 View Post
    The way it is now, we can own and keep an auto knife at home, but illegal to carry it outside, is that right?
    They're legal technically as a curio collectable which is a vague term. IE - If you actually had it on your person at your home or laying on a work bench I don't think it would fall under a curio collectable.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Will3212 View Post
    It is illegal to even have them at home. The only way to own one is as a curio. ...which is kind vague, but going by common language - it would held on display, likely in a locked case.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    I find it incredible that in some towns, being found with one of my EDC blades could be very troubling for my future, yet the gun is "fine" thanks to my LTCF.

Why not change it to LTCW, weapons including blades, guns and any other weapon not outright prohibited under state law (not that there really should be any banned)...
    It's not your LTCF that protects you, it's preemption. Without preemption, towns, counties, etc. could require you to got through their own process and obtain *their* license to have a firearm within their boundaries (or just ban them outright).

I disagree with adding additional items to an already unconstitutional licensing process. Instead, we should be expanding preemption protections for all items not defined as "prohibited offensive weapons" by state law, and pushing for constitutional carry for firearms.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    It is illegal to even have them at home. The only way to own one is as a curio. ...which is kind vague, but going by common language - it would held on display, likely in a locked case.
    cu·ri·o
    [*kyo*or***]
    NOUN
    a rare, unusual, or intriguing object

Nowhere does common definition identify displaying or locking.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    cu·ri·o
    [*kyo*or***]
    NOUN
    a rare, unusual, or intriguing object

Nowhere does common definition identify displaying or locking.
    You should really look up some of Gunlawyer001's posts on this subject.

He feels that even having it wired into a display case as a questionable affirmative defense.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Beaver County)

If the police are already in your house and you or your dog are not already dead, I'm going to say, a knife on display are the least of your worries.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by DucatiRon View Post
    If the police are already in your house and you or your dog are not already dead, I'm going to say, a knife on display are the least of your worries.

You*re not wrong, but I would like to carry one on me in public. I also don*t disagree that this still wouldn*t be ideal without preemption, but it*s certainly a step in the right direction. We can focus on the preemption aspect later.

If/when it makes it to Governor Dickhead*s desk, my gameplan is to write and call his office, and tell them how tired I am of all the racist ACAB cops hemming up poor aspiring rappers over these knives. In fact, it would be perpetuating racism NOT to sign it into law.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Beaver County)

I may or may not have a Benchmade auto knife. It is definitely not on display wired to a trophy stand.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast