Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: OAKS 3 Day Show OCT 15, 16, 17, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post
    A couple comments as a vendor:

As for price markers: If nothing is price marked at all; yes it's a bit of a PITA for you all trying to figure out any interest. That is an indicator that the dealer may be less than stellar to deal with. However if most everything is marked and an occasional tag is missing or upside down; meh, people are human sometimes stuff gets bollixed up. Especially at a busy gun show like Oaks. Someone puts a gun back in the case and they don't notice the tag is flipped or they get a new item in and forget to mark it. I've seen dealers run out of price marking tags at shows and scramble to find some from other vendors.
    I can certainly understand a mistake or a flipped tag here or there. I have no problem with that and if I really wanted to know the price I’d ask. I’m talking about when all the tags are upside down or tucked under. There was one table on Friday, no lie, every tag was tucked neatly under the gun, upside down (so I couldn’t even look on an angle) in a case so I couldn’t flip them over myself. I probably wouldn’t have bought anyway but when I see that I just keep moving. One or two tags, meh, whatever. I get it and it’s not a big deal, but all the tags purposely hidden? No thank you.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pag23 View Post
    You had a decent P220 for sale but the nickel plated hammer and decocker and other controls killed it for me....other than that overall decent selection.
    Actually the controls are stainless. That model is called The Nightmare. Sig did that scheme in a number of models of pistols. That one has been since discontinued. Not everyone's cup of tea but there are fans of that motif.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by carrguy1 View Post
    I can certainly understand a mistake or a flipped tag here or there. I have no problem with that and if I really wanted to know the price I*d ask. I*m talking about when all the tags are upside down or tucked under. There was one table on Friday, no lie, every tag was tucked neatly under the gun, upside down (so I couldn*t even look on an angle) in a case so I couldn*t flip them over myself. I probably wouldn*t have bought anyway but when I see that I just keep moving. One or two tags, meh, whatever. I get it and it*s not a big deal, but all the tags purposely hidden? No thank you.
    Yes. That torques me off a bit too but not badly so. Why would you go to the bother of price tagging your guns then not show them? OTOH, not pricing ANYTHING is really a bit disingenuous. There's a couple of dealers at some of the shows who do that and they are notorious for jacking prices up on a whim depending on what they think they can get away with. That or their asking prices are so high they would scare people off or make them walk away in disgust.

If i have to ask the price of everything you have, I'm just going to walk right by. So you just lost a chance of any sale. Be honest and up front if you're prices aren't a total scam.

If there's no price shown , it must not be for sale.

Gotta at least try to be competitive.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post

If there's no price, it's FREE isn't it?
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post

Wouldn't being competitive mean knowing who has what for sale at that show for what price? In my experience, they don't have time to peruse the shows for going prices. Being a regular and knowing who to deal with is the key to success for me. i e Magpul AR 2nd Generation mags range from $10 to $15 or more. I know right where to go if I want any more of those and wonder if the other guys even sell any.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

On the subject of price tags, there's an outfit named "Indian River Collectibles" that has a massive amount of very desirable guns, no price tags. I have heard that his prices are 1.5X normal retail at minimum. I have seen at least a couple of people in heated arguments with him about his prices. He may be the smartest seller at the show, because he probably only has to sell a handfull of guns to make his expenses back.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Wouldn't being competitive mean knowing who has what for sale at that show for what price? In my experience, they don't have time to peruse the shows for going prices. Being a regular and knowing who to deal with is the key to success for me. i e Magpul AR 2nd Generation mags range from $10 to $15 or more. I know right where to go if I want any more of those and wonder if the other guys even sell any.
    Yeah , but I'm getting too old to walk the entire show twice like I used to. First lap to check out every table , get prices and second lap to buy from the lowest seller. Sometimes I'd even do a third if I still had money in my pocket!

Now I hurt too much during and after one lap , and can't remember who had what for how much!
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Bucks County)

Zachary. The prelude to stage 3.....hurts too much to do one lap. Then comes much interneting.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast