Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Default Re: OAKS 3 Day Show OCT 15, 16, 17, 2021

Overpriced guns and ammo. Most vendors wanted $25/50rds of 9mm. I can get 9mm online w shipping for cheaper!

It was fun to browse and see the selection, but way too many non-gun vendors and junk. Alot of gun vendors didn't even display a price which was annoying.. Vendors refused to negotiate on 9mm prices when I asked.

Got to hold a VZ.24 Mauser - was nice but overpriced by nearly double.

(Philadelphia County)

Unfortunately I have to miss this show as I have to work all weekend... I was ready to buy an overpriced shockwave or 590 but looks like i didn't miss much and better for my wallet too

(Philadelphia County)

A few coworkers went yesterday and complained of having to come back today in order to complete their gun purchases due to NICS or PICS.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Montgomery County)

Anybody see any cheap cz 457*s in their travels?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    A few coworkers went yesterday and complained of having to come back today in order to complete their gun purchases due to NICS or PICS.
    They shouldn't have to pay another entrance fee for that. I bought something there once and went back on Sunday to exchange it and was allowed in without paying again. Of course, that does not cover the inconvenience of them having to go back.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

I went today. Okay show but LOTS of non-gun stuff. I did okay as always, but you have to be patient and be willing to walk away if the price is too high.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    I don*t understand why some vendors got mad when I didn*t show interest in their non firearm related products. It*s a gun show. I don*t want to shop for jewelry, massage packs, boot polish, or silicone pot holders. Don*t get pissy when I ignore your table and say no thank you when you want to show me that junk. Also I hate vendors who don*t have price tags next to their guns. Are you here to sell guns or just display them?
    Or they have tags but are hidden under the gun, or flipped over so the price is being shown to the inside of the case.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by carrguy1 View Post
    Or they have tags but are hidden under the gun, or flipped over so the price is being shown to the inside of the case.
    Never understood that...and I keep walking. Seems to me that it would save them a lot of aggravation and effort to simply let folks see the price.

(Westmoreland County)

A couple comments as a vendor:

First off, as for people having to come back the next day; PICS was REALLY backed up and slow. Some Instachecks (Now there's a misnomer if ever there was one) took in excess of 4 hours. We suspect inadequate number of operators at PICS combined with three major gun shows plus normal gun shop traffic for the delays. It sucks on our end too.

As for price markers: If nothing is price marked at all; yes it's a bit of a PITA for you all trying to figure out any interest. That is an indicator that the dealer may be less than stellar to deal with. However if most everything is marked and an occasional tag is missing or upside down; meh, people are human sometimes stuff gets bollixed up. Especially at a busy gun show like Oaks. Someone puts a gun back in the case and they don't notice the tag is flipped or they get a new item in and forget to mark it. I've seen dealers run out of price marking tags at shows and scramble to find some from other vendors.

Bottom line is for you asking price curious attendees is: If the dealer has nothing marked they might be a bit tough to deal with or a bit disingenuous. However if most everything is marked and a tag is missing or flipped, chalk it up to human error and just ask nicely. Most of us will be happy to correct our little oppsies.

As for Oaks itself this weekend: in a word WOW! We were SOOOO busy and in a good way. Decent sales and mostly really nice people to deal with. The A-hole factor was very low this weekend considering the difficulties with the crowd and PICS. Thanks to all who stopped buy or did business with us.

Edit to add: In answer to Walleye's question: No, the people having to come back next day due to the PIS delays were given a chit to get back into the show with no charge. Them spending additional money on other stuff is on them.
    Last edited by ScotsGuards; October 18th, 2021 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Added comment

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    They shouldn't have to pay another entrance fee for that. I bought something there once and went back on Sunday to exchange it and was allowed in without paying again. Of course, that does not cover the inconvenience of them having to go back.
    I'll check with them later and find out if they had to pay again for entry.I know one of them jokingly said that he wasn't looking forward to going back because he knew he would wind up spend more money buying more stuff lol.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast