Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: OAKS 3 Day Show OCT 15, 16, 17, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    It's a long gun, so no FFL required. I was just curious if there was a physical message board or something there.
    Negative and you might feel awkward walking around with a long gun slung over your shoulder with a flag in the barrel advertising the sale but it's done all the time.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Negative and you might feel awkward walking around with a long gun slung over your shoulder with a flag in the barrel advertising the sale but it's done all the time.
    You're right, that does seem strange. Maybe I'll go walk around and see how things are.

(Chester County)

Here's my experience. About two years ago, I lugged my Savage .223/12 ga. turkey gun around Oaks for about two hours with the stick/flag ad. I was trying to sell it because I was tired of lugging that cannon around the mountains during Fall turkey season. No takers.

I posted a classified ad here on pafoa.org for it and got a trade offer for a rifle that I later sold for $1000. That's more than I was asking for the .223/12 ga.OU. Your gun, your time, your sweat. Good luck.

(York County)

selling guns at a show on your back is sometimes tough. I have taken really nice firearms to shows over the years and have seen many low ball dealers scoff at my price (usually the very same price they are asking for the same model in far worse condition then mine). sometimes, a dealer gave me more than I was looking to get. rarely has anyone walking the show ever purchased said firearm. at the end of the day, some guys love not doing a 4473 and wont buy a gun that is really fairly priced from a dealer but will pay more from a private seller. people are weird and the old saying is true...."there's an ass for every seat". I have also made the mistake of pricing something too low and no one buys it, only to bring it home and price it several hundred dollars more on an internet ad and it sells within seconds. that being said, I have never sold anything I have put an ad on here for. I have been stood up, sent pictures to picture collectors and time wasters, and then also met up with some clowns who agree on the price then try to beat me up for hundreds of dollars after we met. whatever your decision, be prepared to waste a ton of your time trying to sell. at the end of the day, it might be beneficial for you to sell to a dealer and just be done with all of the headaches.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    selling guns at a show on your back is sometimes tough. I have taken really nice firearms to shows over the years and have seen many low ball dealers scoff at my price (usually the very same price they are asking for the same model in far worse condition then mine). sometimes, a dealer gave me more than I was looking to get. rarely has anyone walking the show ever purchased said firearm. at the end of the day, some guys love not doing a 4473 and wont buy a gun that is really fairly priced from a dealer but will pay more from a private seller. people are weird and the old saying is true...."there's an ass for every seat". I have also made the mistake of pricing something too low and no one buys it, only to bring it home and price it several hundred dollars more on an internet ad and it sells within seconds. that being said, I have never sold anything I have put an ad on here for. I have been stood up, sent pictures to picture collectors and time wasters, and then also met up with some clowns who agree on the price then try to beat me up for hundreds of dollars after we met. whatever your decision, be prepared to waste a ton of your time trying to sell. at the end of the day, it might be beneficial for you to sell to a dealer and just be done with all of the headaches.
    My memory is horrible but I think I bought three (3) pistols and one (1) rifle off of this site and two pistols off of HKPro. I'm not an asshole though and I only move on good deals and don't screw with a guy selling something at an already fair price.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    You're right, that does seem strange. Maybe I'll go walk around and see how things are.
    Give us a hint of what you have. You may get lucky, here.

Bob D

Quote Originally Posted by bug View Post
    Give us a hint of what you have. You may get lucky, here.

Bob D
    Just a standard ar15 in 300blk. I bought it with biden bucks because it was the only thing I could find last year, then decided I'm not a fan of having 300blk ammo and 5.56 in the same room when I learned that 5.56 could chamber 300blk, but with less than ideal results. I've done 5.56 and 7.62 for years but never even looked at 300blk until last year when I hastily picked one up. I don't know about everyone else, but my gun room is not the most organized, I have loose ammo all over my desk, and on occasion, floor. Magazines all over as I'm always in the middle of building or rebuilding or cleaning something.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I*ve seen it done plenty of times and was even planning on doing it myself this show with an 03A3 but the discussion makes me think I*ll probably wind up lugging it around all day (Friday) to no avail.

I carried my street sweeper around a show about 8 years ago.

(Chester County)

Lots of junk at this show. Didn*t look too much at firearm prices except at revolvers and they were overpriced. I snagged a new pocket knife, but this show wasn*t really that great. I didn*t even bother looking at ammo prices.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast