Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: About that nuclear power plant at Limerick

Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    Wondering if you're in the footprint?

http://disasteraccountability.org/wp...ion-Report.pdf
    Used to work in the hot zone in Collegeville. Traffic so shitty on 422 there's no way to make an escape. If the SHTF, figure we'd just be the first to go...clutching our free iodine tablets.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Northampton County)

I've been in Pottstown for 30 years and they have been giving the tablets away for as long as I can remember. I wouldn't take that as any kind of ominous sign.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    Used to work in the hot zone in Collegeville. Traffic so shitty on 422 there's no way to make an escape. If the SHTF, figure we'd just be the first to go...clutching our free iodine tablets.
    You just need to go NE, a lot less traffic. I know quite a few backroads to get out of the zone. And if I can get the wife on the back of one of my bikes, it'll be even quicker.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by rkrcpa View Post
    I've been in Pottstown for 30 years and they have been giving the tablets away for as long as I can remember. I wouldn't take that as any kind of ominous sign.
    Yup. Though I just order my own on Amazon for $8 instead of making the effort for the free ones. I'm nicely in the fallout zone but have a feasible northbound escape .

Quote Originally Posted by rkrcpa View Post
    Good to know, just that the timing of the announcement in conjunction with the hinky maintenance issue was worth one (1) raised eyebrow.

Still,

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    Considering the tri-valley gridlock during surprise snowstorms, any sort of emergency is going to be hilarious.

Best to set up a $10 lemonade-with-vodka stand by the highway and rake in the profit.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    Considering the tri-valley gridlock during surprise snowstorms, any sort of emergency is going to be hilarious.

Best to set up a $10 lemonade-with-vodka stand by the highway and rake in the profit.
    Ever drive down to OCMD on a monday morning when everyone is heading back home? Gridlock, for miles. Now imagine that when the government declares an evacuation. If you don't get out before the government calls for it, you're not getting out.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Chester County)

Back in Spring of 1979, me and my best friend were driving from Newark, DE to Waterville, PA, up to his grandfather's cabin on the Little Pine Creek for a Spring break get away. As we were driving North along the Susquehanna River, traffic was gridlocked Southbound and we had no idea why. We didn't find out about Three Mile Island's meltdown until we reached Waterville.

Sitting still in a traffic jam during a nuclear emergency has got to mess with one's head.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
    Back in Spring of 1979, me and my best friend were driving from Newark, DE to Waterville, PA, up to his grandfather's cabin on the Little Pine Creek for a Spring break get away. As we were driving North along the Susquehanna River, traffic was gridlocked Southbound and we had no idea why. We didn't find out about Three Mile Island's meltdown until we reached Waterville.

Sitting still in a traffic jam during a nuclear emergency has got to mess with one's head.
    Oh, so you guys were the reason I was catching three eyed trout up here in the 80's.

(Chester County)

Back when the TMI happened a buddy at work disappeared for a week and finally called in from Florida. Said he was just taking precautions in case of a meltdown. Luckily he didn't get fired and we had many laughs about it over the years.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast