Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Firearms Policy Coalition [FPC] ???

Got an email from them about some more gun control bills being introduced in PA:

PA House Bill 1846 would require that first-time firearm purchasers acquire a "Firearms Safety Certificate" prior to being able to buy a gun. Authored by State Rep. Christina Sappey (D-158), this bill would add an additional layer of government approval in order to protect yourself, your loved ones, and your property. As an additional note, in order to obtain the "Firearms Safety Certificate", an objective test would be administered and a grade of 80% or higher would be needed to pass. Not good at tests? Sorry about your luck!

PA House Bill 1900 deals with the FBI's "terrorist screening database". If adopted, the bill would ban gun sales to anyone "whose name is included on the terrorist screening database." Now this bill, introduced by State Rep. Perry Warren (D-31), sounds good on paper. The problem is that in practice it is an impending disaster. Interestingly enough, individuals are not notified if they are put on watchlist. You can literally be prohibited and yet never be notified. What if a person accidentally is placed in the database? Are their rights revoked? What about due process? These are questions that this bill ignores to its detriment. No one wants to arm terrorists (unless it's the current administration in Afghanistan). However, we must make sure that we aren't stripping people of their fundamental rights in the process.

However, I know next to nothing about the Firearms Policy Coalition. I went to their site and it sounds like any other so called "Gun Rights" political group.

Anyone here have any info about them and what they have actually accomplished or are they just like the Doerr Bros. so called gun rights organizations?
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Firearms Policy Coalition [FPC] ???

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    Interestingly enough, individuals are not notified if they are put on watchlist. You can literally be prohibited and yet never be notified.
    Is that like double secret probation, or something?

(Juniata County)

FPC has been very active I. The last couple of years, filing lawsuits and opposing anti gun legislation. They are mentioned often and favorably on arfcom’s YouTube videos.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Montgomery County)

They are legit

(Chester County)

Here's a link to the legal work.

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/legal

Very active on social media, particularly Instagram. Seems to cater to a younger crowd. They do seem to be pretty active in the Courts. I believe they were involved in a case in Allegheny County recently regarding the sheriff closing the LTCF office due to Covid.

(Lycoming County)

As was said above, FPC is legit.

Firearms Policy Coalition is nothing like NAGR and the rest of the Dorr Brothers scams. FPC is on par with Gun Owners of America and in some ways, they are better.

I would argue FPC and GOA are the two leading gun rights orgs in terms of impact and each have different strengths. GOA is great at grassroots mobilization and FPC is consistently engaged in filing lawsuits to challenge infringements. FPC has a more competent online presence on certain social media and that is helping to mobilize more people who were previously disengaged too.

NAGR and their affiliates do nothing but beg for money and write the occasional open letter to criticize something bad and then point to it and beg for more money. Don't be fooled.

FPC is legit.
    I am not a lawyer.

(Centre County)

Great, thanks for the answers. Seems like they will then be on my short list to donate to in the future. I will never donate a penny yo the Doerr carpetbaggers.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by buckengr View Post
    Firearms Policy Coalition is nothing like NAGR and the rest of the Dorr Brothers scams. FPC is on par with Gun Owners of America and in some ways, they are better.

I would argue FPC and GOA are the two leading gun rights orgs in terms of impact and each have different strengths. GOA is great at grassroots mobilization and FPC is consistently engaged in filing lawsuits to challenge infringements. FPC has a more competent online presence on certain social media and that is helping to mobilize more people who were previously disengaged too.

NAGR and their affiliates do nothing but beg for money and write the occasional open letter to criticize something bad and then point to it and beg for more money. Don't be fooled.

FPC is legit.
    FPC is indeed legit, but I wouldn't say they don't do their share of begging for money. Somehow I'm apparently one of their top supporters (or so they tell me) and they literally send me an email asking for money every single day. It's tiring but they do good work so I put up with it and occasionally toss them a spare $25.
    F*#K THE ATF

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast