Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Susquehanna County)

Thumbs down Red Flag for Suicide risk HB 1930

Legislation using suicide threat as a means to sneak in RED FLAG LAW entirely. NOT as memo states to reduce risk of suicide.

Regular Session 2021-2022
    House Bill 1903
    Short Title: An Act amending Titles 18 (Crimes and Offenses) and 42 (Judiciary and Judicial Procedure) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, in firearms and other dangerous articles, further providing for persons not to possess, use, manufacture, control, sell or transfer firearms and for abandonment of firearms, weapons or ammunition; in community and municipal courts, further providing for masters; and adding provisions relating to extreme risk protection orders.
    Prime Sponsor: Representative STEPHENS
    Last Action: Referred to JUDICIARY, Sept. 23, 2021 [House]
    Memo: Extreme Risk Protective Orders- Using Data Driven, Evidence-Based Practices to Reduce Suicides
    https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs...type=B&bn=1903

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Red Flag for Suicide risk HB 1930

Oh, cool. So I guess people can't use knives, walk into traffice, jump off bridges or buildings, intentionally overdose on pills, hanging, or countless other methods to end their lives. Just guns. What this really means is that if you own guns but happen to be struggling with mental health for any number of reasons and consider suicide, don't be honest in therapy. This continues the trend that only deaths resulting from firearms matter.

(Bucks County)

They can't stop suicide by all other means, but they can interfere where a gun is the instrument of choice. They would be remiss if they did nothing about that which they can. See?
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

There's a reason there is no Kamikaze reunions.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Delaware County)

They're in a tough spot. If they divulge to the masses that 65% of firearms deaths are suicides, it will dilute the 30-40,000 firearms death number they always throw around when seeking more gun control. I haven't looked up (nor do I care) what % of suicides are with firearms. Let's see how they play this.