Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default Winchester Model 67

I bought my first rifle (if you don't count my Daisy Red Ryder) today. Previously I had only bought handguns. I went to a gun show with my neighbor and found a Winchester Model 67. It's a single shot bolt action rifle with a 27" barrel that shoots 22 short, long, or long rifle. Got it home, passed a bore snake through the barrel a few times (first pass expelled a lot of dust!), and fired it a few times. I hit the target at about 43 yards! If Wikipedia is correct this one is from the first year of production - 1934. Time to start teaching the grandkids how to shoot!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Winchester Model 67

Congratulations! I know the excitement. You'll have a great time with that rifle. Welcome to the world of gun ownership too! Would love to see a picture if you can post one.

(Northampton County)

(Lehigh County)

Congrats on a great rifle and nice shooting!

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by pfaut View Post
    I bought my first rifle (if you don't count my Daisy Red Ryder) today. Previously I had only bought handguns. I went to a gun show with my neighbor and found a Winchester Model 67. It's a single shot bolt action rifle with a 27" barrel that shoots 22 short, long, or long rifle. Got it home, passed a bore snake through the barrel a few times (first pass expelled a lot of dust!), and fired it a few times. I hit the target at about 43 yards! If Wikipedia is correct this one is from the first year of production - 1934. Time to start teaching the grandkids how to shoot!
    Great purchase. A single shot is the best rifle for young kids. I got one for my grandson when he was 8.

Got one of these from my dad, think he bought it in the 50s, might have been used then. Shot lots of squirrels and rabbits when I was a teen. Still have it today