Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default Finally got to shoot my Hammerli x-esse Wednesday!

Wow, what a silly accurate gun with a fantastic trigger. Shot about 200 rounds of Fed Automatch through it, no hiccups. After shooting the center out of a dirty bird target, I ended up just picking another spot on the same target and shot that out too (at 20 feet) There was a piece of wood on the berm at 50 yds. I was knocking that all over the place until it was so small, I couldn't see it anymore.

Tried my mk 4 22/45 after shooting the Hammerli and I just had to put it away. Going to have to do something with that Ruger trigger now!

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: Finally got to shoot my Hammerli x-esse Wednesday!

You might be even happier using standard velocity or even pistol match ammo. Your pistol is a natural for NRA Conventional pistol or International competition. 50 yd slow in the former and 50 meter in the latter.

I have to admit to being a bit jealous. I've wanted one for years, but since moving to PA I haven't found much in the way of Bullseye pistol shooting around. Good luck with it and I hope you enjoy it through a long and happy "association"!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

Quote Originally Posted by TDIfan View Post
    Wow, what a silly accurate gun with a fantastic trigger. Shot about 200 rounds of Fed Automatch through it, no hiccups. After shooting the center out of a dirty bird target, I ended up just picking another spot on the same target and shot that out too (at 20 feet) There was a piece of wood on the berm at 50 yds. I was knocking that all over the place until it was so small, I couldn't see it anymore.

Tried my mk 4 22/45 after shooting the Hammerli and I just had to put it away. Going to have to do something with that Ruger trigger now!
    Very nice!!!!! I fired a Sig Trailside back in the day that was made by Hammerli. Check it out Volquartsen for some trigger options for your Ruger.
    Jules

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    Very nice!!!!! I fired a Sig Trailside back in the day that was made by Hammerli. Check it out Volquartsen for some trigger options for your Ruger.
    Jules
    Awesome, the SIG looks very similar to mine. I just ordered Volquartsen kits for both my Ruger's. Midway had them on sale.