Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: ISO a new pocket carry

I have run through a bunch of options, I am really mostly Glock, but not for this type of carry anymore. I have done the ENTIRE subcompact pistol route, starting with a Springfield XD-S in 9 and 45. did not care for the aggressive grip texture, so I also had Sig 238 and 938's too. Love the shooting accuracy from the Sig's, but I was not a fan of cocked and locked S/A in my pocket, so the 938 eventually ended up in a SuperTuck IWB at 5o'clock. And that was fine, but I figured if I was carrying IWB like that then my G23 was really not worse and i gained rounds and stopping power. '

As soon as Glock came out with the G42, I had one, then the G43. Again, not bad, but 6 or 7 rounds only. When Sig brought out the P365, with 12-rounds in a size comparable to the G43, I thought it was the answer for pocket carry for me. But I don't, for some unknown reason, shoot the P365 very well. I then got a G43X, (and a G48) shoot them both well, but they are too big for pocket carry for me. My buddies carry the 43x and 48 in appendix, and they are quite happy, but appendix is not for me, its not comfortable.

I won a Springfield Hellcat at a gun bash, and to me, it is perfect. It does pocket carry in my front right, with 15 rounds in a DeSantis sticky pocket holster. I have been carrying it everywhere, jeans or khaki's, and it fits and draws great for me.

This is just my experience with each of these guns and my stream of consciousness of how the gun and I dress around each other. I am fine with the Hellcat trigger, its your basic striker, nothing great, but nothing bad (I have a G43x MOS that is CLEARLY the worst striker fired trigger ever put in a gun!!)

Good luck in your search.

Sig P365 SAS in my pocket all the time.. I forget I have it more often than not.

(Berks County)

I’ll second the Springfield Hellcat, disappears easily in the from pocket. Mine is carried in an all kydex pocket holster made by Alabama Holster Co.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by spdemt-p View Post
    I’ll second the Springfield Hellcat, disappears easily in the from pocket. Mine is carried in an all kydex pocket holster made by Alabama Holster Co.
    So funny - I have the same setup. Alabama Holster for the Hellcat and I switch it up with an LCP II in another Alabama Holster if I need something even smaller.

Thanks to all. I've narrowed down my choices. For anyone else doing this research, here is a comparison of the dimensions of my top 5:

dimensions.PNG

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Claminator View Post
    Thanks to all. I've narrowed down my choices. For anyone else doing this research, here is a comparison of the dimensions of my top 5:

dimensions.PNG
    Are you going to try them out before buying? I shot a Bodyguard once, and it hurt like a bitch. My P380 (same as the CW380) has significantly less felt recoil.

Depends on the size of your pocket financially and size .I CCW my Glock 43X ten round capacity in the IWB and also a larger size pocket holster ! No need for anything else !

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    P365 would best blend of size and capability. If you're looking for smaller, there's the new Ruger LCP Max which you alluded to or the LCP II which is yet smaller but still an improvement over your first gen LCP.

And then of course a J-frame revolver.
    I carried a Ruger LCP for years but carry the P365 instead. More rounds, more power and takes up just a bit more space but not much. Also, the P365 (for me) is so much more accurate-----I was hitting 4" metal plates at 25 yards (3/10). I never could hit one with my Ruger LCP.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Monroe County)

Lot's of time I carry a S&W 638 Airweight in a pocket holster. Super light and shoots decent.

(Franklin County)

I'm usually front pocket carrying. I used to carry an LCP until I bought a Glock 42. Now days it's either the G42 or a S&W 442 in my pocket.
    Obviously the 42 is larger than the LCP but it fits every pocket I have and it shoots like a dream compared to the LCP, seriously, night and day. It carries very similar to the j frame. I can't imagine a time I would go back to the LCP, that's not to say the LCP is bad at what it does, just that it's limited in capabilities.
    The Hostler

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123