Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default How many spare mags do you carry?

My current EDC is a P320 M17 full size in black on the right side and just 1 spare mag on the left.

Sometimes my jeans feel like they're being pulled to the right due to the weight of the gun.

I was thinking of carrying 2 spare mags on the left hip just to balance the weight. Anyone else do this?
    Do you carry spare mags?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: How many spare mags do you carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Will3212 View Post
    My current EDC is a P320 M17 full size in black on the right side and just 1 spare mag on the left.

Sometimes my jeans feel like they're being pulled to the right due to the weight of the gun.

I was thinking of carrying 2 spare mags on the left hip just to balance the weight. Anyone else do this?
    Do you carry spare mags?
    Serious question, why all the ammo?

I pocket carry my p365 with the 10 rd mag.

Im not a hunted man, nor am i out hunting(ie police/guard type work). So i cant really see being in a protracted firefight. More than likely, wrong place-wrong time situations are more realistic, think robberies/domestics. But even in a terroristic type attack scenario where you are a potential victim, are you expecting a trained squad, or the more likely situation of a single actor who is mentally unstable?

I keep a 2nd mag in my vehicles typically. Realistically, that first 10 rounds should be enough for me to escape since my goal is to go home to my family.

I also bring 2 extra magazines for counter balance.
    I wear a shoulder rig in the winter or long drives, the right side has 2 mag pouches that off set the weigh of the 1911 and berretta, I also carry Ruger SR45.
    When I wear an OWB I have 2 mags on the left side to counter weight all of my carry pistols. If you can carry it comfortably do so. "Gee I wish I didn't bring so much ammo to this gun fight" said no one...ever
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    I also bring 2 extra magazines for counter balance.
    I wear a shoulder rig in the winter or long drives, the right side has 2 mag pouches that off set the weigh of the 1911 and berretta, I also carry Ruger SR45.
    When I wear an OWB I have 2 mags on the left side to counter weight all of my carry pistols. If you can carry it comfortably do so. "Gee I wish I didn't bring so much ammo to this gun fight" said no one...ever
    Your everyday carry guns are all full size?

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post

Im not a hunted man, nor am i out hunting(ie police/guard type work). So i cant really see being in a protracted firefight. More than likely, wrong place-wrong time situations are more realistic, think robberies/domestics. But even in a terroristic type attack scenario where you are a potential victim, are you expecting a trained squad, or the more likely situation of a single actor who is mentally unstable?

I keep a 2nd mag in my vehicles typically. Realistically, that first 10 rounds should be enough for me to escape since my goal is to go home to my family.
    Sometimes 10 is not enough, think a riot situation with multiple attackers, an insane killer with an AR type long gun, small guns such as the P365 are generally less accurate too..in a stressful situation most of your shots will miss.
    I do have a P365 myself and carry it on my ankle sometimes as a back up gun.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post

I think what you say is correct and reasonable in the vast majority of cases. However, if going into areas I consider particularly bad, I will often carry a second mag or more likely a second gun just in case, due to my perception of increased risk. Also, I am realistic enough to understand that although I consider myself a good shot on the range and in impromptu shooting competitions, should I ever find myself in a sudden unforeseen life or death gunfight, I might want to allow for a miss or two due to nerves, surprise, etc. If you look at the vast majority of LEO shootings, typically dozens of rounds are fired with only a handful of hits. Not all police are lousy shots! I just think good people don't usually find themselves in these situations absent repeated military conflict or serious stakeout type work. There's a bit of a learning curve, I would imagine!
    Last edited by sbmania; September 8th, 2021 at 09:13 AM.

(Bucks County)

One in the gun, one on the belt with a flashlight.
    You can never have too much ammo. That said, the second mag is more for addressing malfunction issues and topping off the gun if a shooting has happened.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Allegheny County)

Other than when I was on duty, I have always carried one spare mag in an off-side mag pouch. Doesn't matter what the capacity is, it has always been one spare mag.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Delaware County)

One spare mag depending on where I am. If I go to Philly, I carry a spare. If I am local, no spare.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Will3212 View Post
    Your everyday carry guns are all full size?
    Yep
    Im 6'2" 275# they still look tiny. I have some big hands
    Berretta 92s
    Ruger SR9
    Ruger SR45
    AMT 1911
    I have to admit I like the polymer frame on the rugers.
    I dont care for those itty bitty grips on compacts
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast