Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Cumberland County)

Default Re: Manuhrin MR73" Combat

No doubt. There are many fine revolvers out there for sure - and many that would be quality and far less money. But they're not a Manuhrin or even close really - lol.
    I look at pistols like this for the neat factor and the "would be nice to own" factor. It's like when I bought my first Python - the double action is so far above any other revolver I've handled it's mind boggling. Sometime you just want the best - but what happens when you find the best, but the finish is off a bit ?
    My current dilemma.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    $700 will get you a decent GP100. A tube of Flitz, or toothpaste if you're cheap, and a few hours of dry firing will make it one of the smoothest revolvers around. Shoot 10k rounds through it and send it back to Ruger when you wear it out.

There, I just saved you $300.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Tioga County)

There are not many of these 3 inches out there in great condition. The vast majority of the ones that came into the USA were police surplus and even rougher as some were refinished by parkerizing them. Yuck. Finding a mint 3 inch is just about impossible and I think the new Manurhin never even made them.

Back in the day the GIGN used to carry a 5 inch with a 3 inch as backup.

(Cumberland County)

I know - rarer 3", rarer combat model - I'm so torn - lol. Luckily by buddy is letting me take my time deciding. Still trying to justify that much money for a gun with finish issues......

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    There are not many of these 3 inches out there in great condition. The vast majority of the ones that came into the USA were police surplus and even rougher as some were refinished by parkerizing them. Yuck. Finding a mint 3 inch is just about impossible and I think the new Manurhin never even made them.

Back in the day the GIGN used to carry a 5 inch with a 3 inch as backup.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    I know - rarer 3", rarer combat model - I'm so torn - lol. Luckily by buddy is letting me take my time deciding. Still trying to justify that much money for a gun with finish issues......

Buy it and give it a rattle can spray job. It can be your "sleeper" revolver...

IIRC , the S&W 547 K-frame 9mmP was designed and built for the French police.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(York County)

we sell lots of Manhurin MR73s. one of the very few importers gives them to us to sell for him but he also says he is having trouble getting them from the now Beretta owned company. when Manhurin owned it he was getting everything he ordered. since Beretta took over, he says he only has received about 20 of the 250 he has ordered. these are amazing pistols for sure and can withstand hundreds of thousands of rounds. on the same level as Korth revolvers but I cant justify the price tag.

(Chester County)

If you go to YouTube and search for Forgotten Weapons MR73, you will get videos about the pistol and its manufacture.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123