Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Harbor Freight Labor Day sale!

Even though I wear USA made jeans, shoes, hats, t-shirts, socks and use mostly made in USA tools (Japan and Taiwan are acceptable to me) I had to venture down to Harbor Fright to buy a drill bit set to get one size. Home Depot had the one size I needed and wanted $16 for one drill bit and it is made in China for Milwaukee. I paid $10 for the whole set and have to drill eight holes. I will use the rest of the drills after this particular job as beat em' up drill bits because they are crap. It amazed me that my tried and true Snap-on drill bit set that's over 30 years old didn't have the size I needed. I was a professional mechanic for almost 50 years and there are some things that can be substituted with cheap ass junk for a one use purpose but if you have to use a tool on a regular basis China cheap ain't it.

Accept the fact that with all the work Trump did to bring American manufacturing back up Dopey Joe's backers and handlers will do their utmost to finish off American manufacturing and send those jobs back to China where his backers are.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    My next kitchen purchase is a toaster oven. Going to be a "vintage" USA made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Sights View Post
    Do banks still give them out when you open an account?
    I thought those were just toasters, like the two slice kind...
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Even though I wear USA made jeans, shoes, hats, t-shirts, socks and use mostly made in USA tools (Japan and Taiwan are acceptable to me) I had to venture down to Harbor Fright to buy a drill bit set to get one size. Home Depot had the one size I needed and wanted $16 for one drill bit and it is made in China for Milwaukee. I paid $10 for the whole set and have to drill eight holes. I will use the rest of the drills after this particular job as beat em' up drill bits because they are crap. It amazed me that my tried and true Snap-on drill bit set that's over 30 years old didn't have the size I needed. I was a professional mechanic for almost 50 years and there are some things that can be substituted with cheap ass junk for a one use purpose but if you have to use a tool on a regular basis China cheap ain't it.

Accept the fact that with all the work Trump did to bring American manufacturing back up Dopey Joe's backers and handlers will do their utmost to finish off American manufacturing and send those jobs back to China where his backers are.
    Gotta do what you need to. Tools I mostly buy used. At work we will go through several pair of boots a year. Walking through glass and cleaners tends to shorten the boots lives. So it makes little sense to spend good money on work boots. As for clothes and cars and electronics, good luck.

I worked at a place that repackaged food for schools. They would make a spiced apple product. The process started with opening about a hundred cases of apples. Of course these are local grown apples. Nope packaged in China.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123