Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Young's Sporting Goods

Stopped in a few times now. Located in Northumberland, PA, just up the road from Front Street Station (good food by the way). Seem to have a really good selection, about 50 or so long guns and about 35 handguns. Buy/sell/trade there. The people who run it seem to be friendly. They also have archery and fishing gear along with a nice line of accessories and scopes. Stop in and check it out, great prices, better than most of the small shops in and around the area.

(Northumberland County)

Default Re: Young's Sporting Goods

until recently, yes... they were a good shop.

Unfortunately, they have fallen prey to PSP and the last AR lower I bought there I had to fill out the "white form."
    I told them they would not get anymore of my business until they followed the law, not PSP's bidding.
    "The rifle is the weapon of democracy. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military. The hired servants of our rulers. Only the government-and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws." (Edward Abbey, "The Right to Arms," Abbey's Road [New York, 1979])
    I have my rifle. Do you?

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikepro8 View Post
    until recently, yes... they were a good shop.

Unfortunately, they have fallen prey to PSP and the last AR lower I bought there I had to fill out the "white form."
    I told them they would not get anymore of my business until they followed the law, not PSP's bidding.
    Is that right? I didn't buy anything but a new case for my bow, no problem with that. What do you mean by PSP's bidding? What do they want different than the law states?

(Northumberland County)

Read up...
    http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...s-changes.html

PSP is strong-arming FFLs into filling out Record of Sale forms for Ar 15 lowers. The law hasnt changed, but the way PSP is treating Ar 15 purchases has.
    "The rifle is the weapon of democracy. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military. The hired servants of our rulers. Only the government-and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws." (Edward Abbey, "The Right to Arms," Abbey's Road [New York, 1979])
    I have my rifle. Do you?

(Dauphin County)

I did my reading up on that and it's not right at all. I don't intend on purchasing a gun there unless I find a really, really good deal.

But out of curiosity, in your post in that thread, you said they didn't make you fill out a white sheet, but on this thread you said they did?

(Northumberland County)

At the time of my first posting, I bought a stripped receiver from Sabre Defense and had it shipped there. No extra paperwork.

This second time around, a group of friends got together and ordered lowers with parts kits installed and they made us do the extra paperwork... which is what really got me ticked...

I asked them what laws changed, and the guy showed me the newsletter he got from PSP - I politely pointed out that it wasnt a LAW change, just and opinion change (politically motivated). He said he has do what PSP tells him to do.
    I have my rifle. Do you?

Your anger is misdirected - you were right when you said "strongarm", because those are exactly the tactics the PSP are using. In PA the PSP control the Instant Background Checks (PICS, not NICS in PA). A dealer doesn't play ball with the PSP, guess who no longer has access to PICS? Effectively puts them out of business. If you want to use that anger constructively, direct it to the PA AG and get him to rein in the PSP. They seem to have a habit of overstepping their bounds. If you remember it took the AG's intervention when the PSP refused to recognize FL CCW permits held by non-FL residents, even though there was reciprocity. The AG is the top LEO in the state.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Bob View Post
    Your anger is misdirected - you were right when you said "strongarm", because those are exactly the tactics the PSP are using. In PA the PSP control the Instant Background Checks (PICS, not NICS in PA). A dealer doesn't play ball with the PSP, guess who no longer has access to PICS? Effectively puts them out of business. If you want to use that anger constructively, direct it to the PA AG and get him to rein in the PSP. They seem to have a habit of overstepping their bounds. If you remember it took the AG's intervention when the PSP refused to recognize FL CCW permits held by non-FL residents, even though there was reciprocity. The AG is the top LEO in the state.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    Exactly. Well said.

(Northumberland County)

if i dont buy it from my dad i buy it from them great shop always feel comfy there remember its not their fault that psp is a bunch of bullys
    If it go's BOOM, I want it

(Montour County)

Young's was the Cheapest in the Area for FFL Transfers. I bought a Mosin Nagant-7.62x54r for $92 Shipped from Budsgunshop online and he charges only $20.00. Everyone else wants $25 and it's Buds Pre-Approved for deliveries.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast