Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Act 77 and Questions

This is my understanding but I am open to correction if and where I am wrong.

Our election procedures are outlined in our State Constitution.

Act 77 election changes were passed in 2020 primarily due to the deadly chirus and ensuring that Pennsylvanians could vote. This Act is a violation or our State Constitution as it was not put to a vote by The People, as the curtailing of Wolf's emergency powers was. I do not know when they became aware that this was a violation. After The Act was passed and the primaries were held, the state's Republicans saw issues with it and passed legislation amending it. Changes passed straight down party lines, which Wolf vetoed. Somewhere it's legitimacy was challenged and SCOPA ruled against the challenge citing laches. I have something of an understanding of laches but am aware that most people never heard of it. I believe that the ruling was based on the fact that election 2020 was over and the the protest should have been brought before that election, primarily because they didn't want to deal with the mess. IMO, enough time did not lapse for laches to apply.

Fast forward to today: Act 77 is still in place and it is still a violation of our State Constitution. Can this not be challenged based on its continued violation of our Constitution? If so who would be the one to challenge it? I'd be more than happy to start a crowdfunding effort and contact a qualified attorney to handle this case.

How do we handle it when our legislators knowingly and willingly violate or Constitution then laugh in our faces?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Act 77 and Questions

(Bradford County)

Yes, I am still wondering why this has not been addressed by our legislature (who are apparently too busy infighting amongst themselves over the attempt at an audit to bother with this) and while I have tried contacting my senator, have received no response at all other than a 'thank you' BS form message.
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    This is my understanding but I am open to correction if and where I am wrong.

Our election procedures are outlined in our State Constitution.

Act 77 election changes were passed in 2020 primarily due to the deadly chirus and ensuring that Pennsylvanians could vote. This Act is a violation or our State Constitution as it was not put to a vote by The People, as the curtailing of Wolf's emergency powers was. I do not know when they became aware that this was a violation. After The Act was passed and the primaries were held, the state's Republicans saw issues with it and passed legislation amending it. Changes passed straight down party lines, which Wolf vetoed. Somewhere it's legitimacy was challenged and SCOPA ruled against the challenge citing laches. I have something of an understanding of laches but am aware that most people never heard of it. I believe that the ruling was based on the fact that election 2020 was over and the the protest should have been brought before that election, primarily because they didn't want to deal with the mess. IMO, enough time did not lapse for laches to apply.

Fast forward to today: Act 77 is still in place and it is still a violation of our State Constitution. Can this not be challenged based on its continued violation of our Constitution? If so who would be the one to challenge it? I'd be more than happy to start a crowdfunding effort and contact a qualified attorney to handle this case.

How do we handle it when our legislators knowingly and willingly violate or Constitution then laugh in our faces?
    Good summary
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

PickingPA Guest

There are PA Republican House members who voted AGAINST Act 77 from the beginning

They saw the flaws, Constitutional issues and potential for fraud. They made their objections known. They have been roundly ostracized by Speaker Cutler ever since because Act 77 was his baby

Don’t discount Republican leadership’s role in allowing the democrat theft of the 2020 election. Also keep in mind there was coordination between “leaders” in the swing states.

(Susquehanna County)

Nope. I believe it was passed in Oct. 2019 prior to the pandemic. By itself the ACT was not that bad and there are and were safeguards to fraudulent voting by mail (e.g. State Driver;s License or ID number required to request mail-in ballot, signed ballot envelope with signature verification) it was Wolf's orders and SCOPA decisions (all made without US Constitutional authority) that scuttled them.
    PA Constitution DOES have a sections regarding "Absentee Ballots" and some have argued that because this changed "Absentee Balloting" a Constitutional Amendment was required. An argument yet to settled I believe.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Bradford County)

Yes, it has become a major argument to be settled, and yet our elected legislators do not seem to be doing anything about it. To my mind, this means that the midterms next year are going to be a repeated shitstorm unless they get this crap straightened out.
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

PickingPA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by EFK View Post
    Yes, it has become a major argument to be settled, and yet our elected legislators do not seem to be doing anything about it. To my mind, this means that the midterms next year are going to be a repeated shitstorm unless they get this crap straightened out.
    There have not been, nor will there be, any changes made prior to the 2022 elections. Expect a repeat. Although, with the way the left is shedding support, their margin of cheating is going to have to be cranked up to epic proportions, mathematically impossible levels

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    There have not been, nor will there be, any changes made prior to the 2022 elections. Expect a repeat. Although, with the way the left is shedding support, their margin of cheating is going to have to be cranked up to epic proportions, mathematically impossible levels
    Only 2 Supreme Court Justices wanted to look into this issue when it was put before them. Alito and Thomas. The others are either blind or complicit. Bottom line, a Republican majority has helped turn Pennsylvania permanently blue for national elections. As the Constitutional body with plenary jurisdiction over state elections, they could have bitch slapped Wolf and his cronies's executive and procedural edicts which were piled on top of Act 77, but I suspect they were afraid that negative media attention during COVID would hurt them politically. Never underestimate the ability or the willingness of Republicans to sabotage themselves.

PickingPA Guest

Cutler claims that “his” Act 77 is what allowed the Republicans to win the Auditor and Treasurer offices. He celebrates Act 77 and completely ignores that level of cheating that Act 77 permitted.

Psssstt…..he actively participated in ousting Trump through election manipulation He is one of these “I know better than the people, and I’ll decide what’s best for them” types.

The bolded is not just my opinion, and he’s not the only member of PA GOP leadership that participated

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast