Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default "Tactical" glove suggestions please ?

Howdy,

Ok I feel ridiculous asking this and putting this much time and effort into choosing a tactical glove. But I purchased some ironclad brand gloves for work and noticed they manufacture a set of tactical gloves which got me thinking I need a pair.

So I was wondering if anyone had any opinions or a good recommendation for a pair of tactical gloves that they like or have been eyeing up. Positive and negative comments welcomed please.

Im really looking for a set of shooting/SHTF fan gloves. Preferably made in any country other than China but thats not a dealbreaker.

Thanks for your time

Default Re: "Tactical" glove suggestions please ?

plan on doing any breaching or room clearing activities?
    meh not a fan
    I wear a pair of harbor freight mechanics gloves when Im shooting in the winter so the cold metal doesn't get the arthritis acting up, thats about as tactical as my hand gear gets
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by clodzilla View Post
    Howdy,

Ok I feel ridiculous asking this and putting this much time and effort into choosing a tactical glove. But I purchased some ironclad brand gloves for work and noticed they manufacture a set of tactical gloves which got me thinking I need a pair.

So I was wondering if anyone had any opinions or a good recommendation for a pair of tactical gloves that they like or have been eyeing up. Positive and negative comments welcomed please.

Im really looking for a set of shooting/SHTF fan gloves. Preferably made in any country other than China but thats not a dealbreaker.

Thanks for your time
    Outdoor research Firebrands iirc, are very nice. Good dex, no melt no drip. I like them, and use them quite a bit. Only negative is the tan/brown dye gets on my hands a bit when they get wet.

People like PIG gloves. High dex.
    Mostly browsing these days, and expanding the collection.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Duece McCracken View Post
    Outdoor research Firebrands iirc, are very nice. Good dex, no melt no drip. I like them, and use them quite a bit. Only negative is the tan/brown dye gets on my hands a bit when they get wet.

People like PIG gloves. High dex.
    I second the PIG gloves. It's like having all the benefits of gloves with none of the drawbacks. That said buy a couple pairs when they're on sale. The fingers are quite thin and I wouldn't really expect them to last more than say a year of hard use.

I have a few pairs of Mechanix gloves I got on sale. I don't really like them. The seam on the finger can get in the way of your trigger work I don't like how the palm tents up when I splay my fingers out. They're ok backup gloves, but the PIGs are my go to.
    F*#K THE ATF

ΑΣΦ

(Allegheny County)

God gave men callouses and women "hand spas" for a reason.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by clodzilla View Post
    Howdy,

Thanks for your time
    I use goat skin roper gloves when it starts getting colder.

http://geierglove.com/goatskin.html
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Bucks County)

This is the only 5.11 piece of gear I own. I got them at Cabelas when I could try them on and they fit great and have held up well over several years.

https://www.511tactical.com/competit...ing-glove.html

(Bucks County)

Mechanix tactical gloves. Original covert model is a snug fitting glove that, if sized right, should allow firearm manipulation. I always have a pair in the bag for long pistol shooting sessions. They improve grip and keep my uncalloused paws from getting chewed up. Also good to shield the support hand from burning powder spitting from a revolver cylinder gap. And good for cold weather shooting of all sorts. Under $20 a pair.

(Bucks County)

The big thing with gloves, is they are wear items. You're going to blow out a finger, seam will split, maybe wear though the palm. So finding that sweet spot for fit/durability/price is tough.

I've owned a ton of mechanix wear, and they are kinda the industry standard for that equation. The older ones were much better quality imho. Still, they have a ton of models, and good sizing.

So, you need to weigh options, features, FITMENT, and materials.

If you want to go for a "tactical" glove for shtf. Flame resistance/no melt is a valid concern. Leather, Nomex, etc are materials of choice, which narrows down the selection quite a bit. Theres always the Milsurp pilots nomex gloves. Great dex, no melt, sizes, and reasonably priced on ebay and such. Not the most durable, due to thinness, which leads to better feel/dexterity.

I've gone through quite a bit of gloves, and Outdoor reasearch does some good stuff. I have yet test out PIG gloves, that I mentioned in my original reply, lmfao.
    Mostly browsing these days, and expanding the collection.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast