Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default New Sig 365 FCU thoughts

I have been wanting a Sig 365 but could never decide between the reg size and the XL I prefer a flat trigger and see this new option has come out. I think i am in for the reg size with the flat trigger and possibly it's a better trigger? Anyone figured out whether this makes it a very expensive option for a carry gun seeing as you need to build it part by part?

Default Re: New Sig 365 FCU thoughts

I don't see any value in buying the FCU unless you really want a Gucci gun. If all you're interested in is the flat trigger on a standard P365, get the P365 and install the flat trigger. The one from SIG does nothing to decrease the weight of the trigger pull, but it does feel better than the standard trigger. I installed the flat trigger in my P365 and I like the way it feels. I didn't want a lighter trigger than factory for a carry gun, and the weight out of the box was quite good already.

(Montgomery County)

What ronin said.

K.I.S.S. and don't try to reinvent the wheel.
    The p365 FCU are for poly80 type builds, which is dumb anyway because the FCU is what's serialized.

So buy a p365 or p365x or p365xl, slap a flatty on it and call it a day.

(Montgomery County)

Flat trigger is like $40 and relatively easy to install.

Overall thoughts: Sig is a marketing genius because some people will buy these and it will add minimal manufacturing complexity. Not many new SKUs/part #s to deal with.

(Pike County)

My 2 cents based on carrying a handgun for over 40 years. 20 of those as a police officer. I carry a P365 more than any of the other guns I own. Length of the slide and barrel is of less importance than the length of the butt. It is the butt that sticks out and "prints" when wearing light weight clothing. I bought the P365 when it came out. But when the XL version became available I stopped by the Sig Academy while on vacation and bought the XL complete slide assembly. So I have a 10 shot short grip frame with an XL slide. For me. the longer slide and weight feels better and points better. The shorter grip hides best. If I want the two extra rounds and longer grip I put in the extended magazine. So buy the FCU and build it the way you like. That is what I would do now.
    JC Blauvelt Gunsmith,Inc. JCBgunsmith.com

(Allegheny County)

Thanks for the suggestions - I am in no rush as I have my shield and glocks, so will think about all this.