Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Fla. $

(Cumberland County)

Default Fla. $

Spent last week in central fla.. went to the largest gun shop I’ve ever been in called shooters world. Crazy prices, both ends of the spectrum. Brought home two cases of Swiss made nine at 17 and change per box. Nice looking stuff with sealed primers. On the other hand fn brand 5/7 x28 going for 118.00 a box. Guess what I didn’t buy. Cool store with just about everything you could want to look at. Thought I was at a nra convention with all the examples. Spent some time watching shooters at the 100yd indoor range, yes it will handle 50bmg. I’ll stop again when I go back.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Fla. $

Quote Originally Posted by red dog View Post
    Spent last week in central fla.. went to the largest gun shop I*ve ever been in called shooters world. Crazy prices, both ends of the spectrum. Brought home two cases of Swiss made nine at 17 and change per box. Nice looking stuff with sealed primers. On the other hand fn brand 5/7 x28 going for 118.00 a box. Guess what I didn*t buy. Cool store with just about everything you could want to look at. Thought I was at a nra convention with all the examples. Spent some time watching shooters at the 100yd indoor range, yes it will handle 50bmg. I*ll stop again when I go back.
    I was in that Shooter's World several years ago on a Tampa/Clearwater trip. I agree, it's a really nice store. Like any gun shop though, you have to know prices on what you are looking for. I have never been in any store that I found they were the best price on everything across the board. Whether the shop is ethical and maintains prices on inventory based on what they paid for it when it was stocked, or simply has too much inventory to regularly reprice things like ammo in a fluctuating market to replacement cost, there are deals to be found but you just have to look and know what is a good deal.

There are some great shops (big and little) in that area. I had a day or two free down there and hit pawn shops and gun shops all the way over to Plant City and down to Sarasota. I found a little shop in a plaza in Oldsmar that was owned by a retired NY PO, and he was a stocking Sig dealer. I had just bought a new P938 and could not get the 7 round mags in PA yet, but he had them in stock. LOL, I did not think it was an issue to carry new-in-the-sealed-plastic mags in my carry on. Flying back through Orlando, I learned that lesson. Thankfully, I was really early for my flight and the Orlando PD and TSA let me UPS them to myself and then go back through security. They wanted to confiscate them but I managed to talk them into the solution, didn't want to losr the $100+ new mags.