Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scamed

Default Scamed

I was scamed here a week ago. Nobody’s to blame but me. The person who notified me about some gun mags has been banned from what I can see l last $180.00. Hopefully PayPal will help me out. stewy_66 told me about the person. My own fault.

Default Re: Scamed

There will always be people looking to steal, the rest of us have to have some good reason before sending money to strangers.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

I was scammed on broker years ago buying a suppressor. The feds didn't even give a shit. I lost 450.00
    FJB

(Bucks County)

hope you didn't send the money via friends & family, because you can't get that back
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Carbon County)

If you bought with paypal open a claim

2. Your order never arrives.

All you have to do is log in to your account and open a dispute to get the refund process started. If you made the purchase on eBay, start here instead.
    https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mp...y-and-security
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Berks County)

Paypal does not allow gun purchases with their system. Accordingly, everything gun related has to go 'friends and family'. There is zero chance of getting it back.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Paypal does not allow gun purchases with their system. Accordingly, everything gun related has to go 'friends and family'. There is zero chance of getting it back.
    Paypal is a slave to eBay, and eBay allows purchases of gun-related things, but is finicky about it. You can buy gun mags, but not over-10 round mags. You can buy grips and slides and internal parts, but not an H&K sling. Weird stuff.

But there's no blanket ban on gun-related stuff. And I would never under any circumstances send a "gift" to a stranger who has no references and no prior good deals with me.

A PAFOA account is free, with no background check, no requirement of 2 in-county references, no credit history, no street address or even a legal name. Being here, by itself, means nothing at all. Being a member for 10 years isn't even compelling evidence, there are certainly sleeper scammers who sign up all the time and then wait for a while before pouncing.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Bucks County)

I got scammed by NancyinPA but it was on Gunbroker after Sandy Hook. I'm guessing the final bid wasn't high enough for his liking. Said he never got my money order but his conscience must have got the better of him, and he mailed it back to me.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

I dont use paypal anymore. Screw'em.
    FJB

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    I got scammed by NancyinPA but it was on Gunbroker after Sandy Hook. I'm guessing the final bid wasn't high enough for his liking. Said he never got my money order but his conscience must have got the better of him, and he mailed it back to me.
    Derailment ahead!

I saw an article today that said old VHS tapes can be worth lots of money if you have the right ones. I smiled and thought of "Nancy."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast