Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Philadlephia Police Confiscate Gun from vehicle: Do not deem it feasible to retur

Quote Originally Posted by Pag23 View Post
    Another reason to have a small safe that is secured in your car to hold your gun...or don't keep a gun in a car.

All my vehicles have a small secured safe just in case...

Contact GunLawyer..
    Good advice all around.

Every day I see anywhere from 2 to 4 firearms reportedly stolen from the glove box or center console of parked vehicles.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Philadlephia Police Confiscate Gun from vehicle: Do not deem it feasible to retur

Console Vault for the win.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by STBear View Post
    Console Vault for the win.
    If I absolutely have to leave my gun in my truck, I'd agree with this. But I really try to avoid it.
    -Brandon

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    If I absolutely have to leave my gun in my truck, I'd agree with this. But I really try to avoid it.
    It's safer than a gym locker and great for quick trips into the post office. Not used for overnight storage.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

(Bucks County)

Carson, you have totally reversed all I wrote re Krastner. Did you not notice

I say would suggest, but with Krasner the DA, forget it.
    I made no mention of the tow driver's role. It is not a consideration in my view.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Carson, you have totally reversed all I wrote re Krastner. Did you not notice

I made no mention of the tow driver's role. It is not a consideration in my view.
    Correct me if I am mistaken.

You stated . I would suggest obtaining the names and home addresses of the police who broke into the vehicle and stole the handgun from the interior and file an information and complaint requesting of the district attorney ability to prosecute them for theft with intent to permanently deprive (him) of his property.

I take this as having the DA prosecute the officers for theft.

You then say I say would suggest, but with Krasner the DA, forget it.

This is the part I don*t understand. Krasner would prosecute a cop at the drop of a hat. In fact he has, multiple times, but has failed to win one conviction. But that is another story.

So are you saying that Krasner would not prosecute cops? Because that is not the general opinion.

And regarding the tow truck driver, he is the one who put this all in motion after hooking the vehicle.

(Bucks County)

I see what you are saying now. I just doubt Krasner would want to be a part of returning a gun or punishing police for getting a gun off the street.

It's the all-important gun off the street. That's the atmosphere the driver, city, detectives and cops and many citizens operate in. Gotta wonder what they are teaching in the academy.
    Last edited by Bang; August 26th, 2021 at 01:49 AM.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

In the year 2021, in any Democrat-controlled area, anyone who parks illegally is lucky if he doesn't get shot and killed by an anonymous Capitol Police officer.

Can't tell you how many eager woke fascists are actually applauding the death of a woman for unarmed daylight trespassing. Not really a stretch to see them applauding the shooting death of a white person from the suburbs over unlawful parking while armed.

Philadelphia courts are corrupt. Although the PA statutes specifically provide for an award of legal fees if you have to sue for the return of a seized gun, in practice the Philly courts tend to refuse that if the gun was lawfully taken by police initially. That ignores the statutory affirmative mandate for the police to identify the owner and return the gun if it's not contraband; but Philly judges (according to the Philadelphia Inquirer, years ago) are mostly Democrats who buy their nominations from the party, and then get swept in with the usual straight-ticket landslide in Philly. They aren't the best lawyers, not even the best judges, not even the best human beings. They're politicians in a crooked city, and like most Philly politicians, statutes mean little to them, which is why City Council keeps enacting anti-gun laws that are obviously preempted.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Montgomery County)

So I am understanding that this is for all practical purposes a lost cause and a lesson learned. If you leave your firearm in the car, make sure it is in a lock-box so it is out of sight/out of mind.

Thank you to everyone that replied to the post. While i agree with you, it seems that the deck is stacked against us in Philadelphia.
    I personally think it criminal to be deprived of personal property when you did nothing wrong. I don't hold the police officers responsible, I hold their leadership responsible as
    they only go by the directives that are issued to them.
    As I stated, lesson learned.
    Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property....
    Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them...........Thomas Paine

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by KA3OYJ View Post
    So I am understanding that this is for all practical purposes a lost cause and a lesson learned. If you leave your firearm in the car, make sure it is in a lock-box so it is out of sight/out of mind.

Thank you to everyone that replied to the post. While i agree with you, it seems that the deck is stacked against us in Philadelphia.
    I personally think it criminal to be deprived of personal property when you did nothing wrong. I don't hold the police officers responsible, I hold their leadership responsible as
    they only go by the directives that are issued to them.
    As I stated, lesson learned.
    Go to the news...they love juicy stories about Philly corruption...which this seems to be the case of. I wonder if small claims court in your area outside of Philly may push them into action. The time and money they have to spend in court may not be worth it to them, if return of the weapon is a condition of settlement.

The detectives could have had discretion to release the firearm to the licensed owner but it seems like they are being dicks about it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast