Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Philadlephia Police Confiscate Gun from vehicle: Do not deem it feasible to retur

Quote Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
    I once bought a new handgun from a dealer.
    Years later I sold it to a guy , one day this guy left someone else borrow his vehicle.
    This other guy got stopped for something and when he went for the papers , low and behold the handgun was in the glove box.
    The police took the handgun , the guy I sold it to tried to get it back but as the story goes , he said the cops ran the pistol and came back to me and NOT him as the owner.
    "Because I was first owner".
    They didn't "trace" it further ...................
    anyhow they would not release it because of that , so I said well let's see if they give it to me "they say I own it after all"
    the guy just ended up walking away from the entire mess.

I found it interesting that if the police believe me to be the owner , why has no one ever contacted me about it?
    Free gun.

Default Re: Philadlephia Police Confiscate Gun from vehicle: Do not deem it feasible to retur

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    Why would Philly attempt to have his LTCF revoked? Because he was parked illegally?
    No , because he left a firearm unattended in public. A poor innocent child might have broken into his car and got ahold of that gun.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    No , because he left a firearm unattended in public. A poor innocent child might have broken into his car and got ahold of that gun.

This! No one thinks of the children.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    Why would Philly attempt to have his LTCF revoked? Because he was parked illegally?
    He allowed a dangerous gun to fall into incompetent hands( Philly cops).

(York County)

One of the PA statutes allows for the firearm owner to collect reasonable attorney fees if they need to go to court to have a gun returned. I*m on my cell phone, so I*m not going to take the time to look it up, but it has been mentioned by others in similar threads.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Franklin County)

It was briefly inferred, but seems to mostly have been lost in the shuffle:

Philadelphia CANNOT revoke any LTCF they did not issue. They may attempt to contact the issuing sheriff and have it revoked, but that would make a big problem for the issuing sheriff it the revocation were appealed and he had to get people to come from Philly to testify about details his own office knows nothing about and had no involvement in.

Absent actual charges for the holder, I'd say odds of a proxy revocation are pretty low.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Bucks County)

Another reason to have a small safe that is secured in your car to hold your gun...or don't keep a gun in a car.

All my vehicles have a small secured safe just in case...

Contact GunLawyer..

(Bucks County)

This is a case of justice denied. I would suggest obtaining the names and home addresses of the police who broke into the vehicle and stole the handgun from the interior and file an information and complaint requesting of the district attorney ability to prosecute them for theft with intent to permanently deprive (him) of his property.

I say would suggest, but with Krasner the DA, forget it.

Where are the news personnel who go to bat for people getting a raw deal when it comes to guns. "3 on your side".
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    This is a case of justice denied. I would suggest obtaining the names and home addresses of the police who broke into the vehicle and stole the handgun from the interior and , , , ,
    , , set up a large and LOUD protest , complete with bonfires and fireworks , outside their homes 24-7!!

If ANTIFA can do it , so can PAFOA!
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    This is a case of justice denied. I would suggest obtaining the names and home addresses of the police who broke into the vehicle and stole the handgun from the interior and file an information and complaint requesting of the district attorney ability to prosecute them for theft with intent to permanently deprive (him) of his property.

I say would suggest, but with Krasner the DA, forget it.

Where are the news personnel who go to bat for people getting a raw deal when it comes to guns. "3 on your side".
    #1. What did you want the tow truck driver to do with the weapon once he saw it?

#2. You do know that Krasner is not a fan of the police? Not sure why you think he would be an ally.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast