Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default 380 Auto ammo cost (?!?)

Wow! I started looking around the other day at 380 Auto, even in just plain Jane FMJ rounds.

50 round box is 32 bucks???

Seems like double what it should be…plus some.

The reason I didn’t already have a bunch of it is because I never had anything in 380 Auto before; I inherited one just a few days ago. It’s a Glock 42.

Is that typical these days?

(Beaver County)

Default Re: 380 Auto ammo cost (?!?)

All ammo is crazy priced right now. At least it's comming down albeit slowly, from the past year.

Have you not been looking at ammo costs for the past year and unavailability?

Is this really that shocking ?

And BTW because of crazy primer costs my 380 that I load and sell is currently priced at $400 per thousand. I can't wait till primers don't cost $150 per thousand on the open market. Untill then prices gonna suck.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Allegheny County)

Yeah, it’s shocking; I have a serious ton of ammo so I haven’t looked online lately, and then after my cancer diagnosis I haven’t been to the range since last fall.

(I’ll live, say the doctors.)

I knew that ammo was crazy, but who knew that 380 would command premium prices???

380???

(Allegheny County)

380 acp has always cost me a few dollars more per box than that of the same 9mm, even before all this crap...

At one point in the last year, it was going for about a dollar a round. So it is going down.

(Allegheny County)

This is a little older box of 100...
    cute mixed baby boy names
    Every day low price..
    Last edited by JDA58; August 24th, 2021 at 11:04 AM.

(Franklin County)

Smaller calibers ironically tend to run higher. It usually boils down to demand. When a caliber is sold in small batch qualities they jack the price up. I shoot a lot of vintage pocket guns. You think .380 is hard to find or expensive, try shopping for .25 and .32 acp. People call me crazy for casting and reloading them, but it's the only way to shoot a lot. They used to be the defensive choice for about everyone. Now they are relics of the past.

All ammo is high right now, but is dropping. Boxes of 9mm, that were $9-$10 2 years ago are now $22-$25. 380 was never as cheap as 9mm based off popularity alone.

Quote Originally Posted by DucatiRon View Post
    All ammo is crazy priced right now.

And BTW because of crazy primer costs my 380 that I load and sell is currently priced at $400 per thousand. I can't wait till primers don't cost $150 per thousand on the open market. Untill then prices gonna suck.
    Went to a small local gun show this weekend and sold 27000 federal primers in just a little over 2 hours. That crowd that will says I will be back later to get the ones you could not sell at the price were very disappointed. I have had these primers for quite a while and put them on the table at $100.00 a thousand. Did not even get to finish my coffee that we got before they opened the doors. Probably could have sold another 10,000 if they were shotgun primers. This is the best gun show that we have set up at in the last 10-20 years.
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by phill View Post
    Went to a small local gun show this weekend and sold 27000 federal primers in just a little over 2 hours. That crowd that will says I will be back later to get the ones you could not sell at the price were very disappointed. I have had these primers for quite a while and put them on the table at $100.00 a thousand. Did not even get to finish my coffee that we got before they opened the doors. Probably could have sold another 10,000 if they were shotgun primers. This is the best gun show that we have set up at in the last 10-20 years.

No doubt. $100 a thousand isn't bad at all. Primers from Federal, fresh From Natchezz 2 weeks ago was $86/k to the door on 10k limit.

I would have bought all 27k at 100/per.

But even at 100 that's an extra 75 per thousand the ammo price is up. Not including the other components.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast