Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Question AR side folding adapters worth it?

Aside from the cool factor, are they really worth the money or are they just adding unneeded length & weight when stock is extended?

I want one just because, but $130 or more for the Sylvan is a pricey "cool factor"

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: AR side folding adapters worth it?

They are necessary if you want to fold the stock of your AR.
    Not sure what cool has to do with it.

(Bucks County)

Neighbor bought one, installed it, and took it right back off. Sticky operation, cheesy look to the parts, did not trust it to work in a rush.
    Not sure what brand. I*ve heard stories of them breaking too. Cheap gimmicky shit on a must have home defense piece is a no-go at my house.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by PlumCrazy View Post
    Aside from the cool factor, are they really worth the money or are they just adding unneeded length & weight when stock is extended?

I want one just because, but $130 or more for the Sylvan is a pricey "cool factor"
    Only if what your sticking it on has the buffer tube as an accessory, not a integral component to the firearms function.

For instance, classic ar15 in 5.56, hell no.

On the other hand, a buffer-less/recoil tubeless gun, hell yes. Like my ruger 10/22 takedown pistol, with pmaca chassis. Uses an aftermarket buffer tube for a brace attachment.(although I'll use a sig m1913 picatinny mounted folding brace rather than all the extra chunk and heft of a buffer tube and extras)

(Delaware County)

If you like it, go for it. Doesn*t serve a purpose for me. But then, neither does FA or Silencers?? Because semi auto is more accurate, & I like the BANG. Also, I*m not worried about pretending to be a TACTI-COOL, Jason Bourn-Ninja!

That said, if you get one, the Law Tactical is the only one worth looking at. Least amount of problems with it..(so far).
    Remember Biden the Pedophile! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSRqaO6DXcA