Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default .22lr bolt gun options

Hey all, I’m in the market for a new .22 LR bolt gun to use as a suppressor host and to get into some .22lr matches with. I have about $1000 budget so I don’t quite have vudoo or rimX money but i should be able to snag something nice.

So far I’ve been checking out:
    1. Tikka T1x in some form of chassis, krg bravo or similar
    2. Cz 457 Varmint MTR with an aftermarket barrel
    3. Bergara b14R
    4. Christiansen arms .22

Can anybody think of something I’m missing?

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: .22lr bolt gun options

Not quite on the same level as the guns that you mention but I have a Ruger Precision Rimfire and love it. It makes a great suppressor host.

(Centre County)

In addition to the Ruger Precision Rimfire there is the Ruger American Rimfire Long Range Target (https://www.ruger.com/products/ameri...RT/models.html) or any of these Rugers (https://www.ruger.com/products/ameri...et/models.html)

I also have a Ruger Precision Rimfire and it is the proverbial tack driver. Once I sighted in it in (Barska 1.5-6x42 scope) if I do my part I can have 5 rounds touching each other at 100 yards. That's with Winchester T22 Target ammo. Haven't tried any true match ammo yet.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by glocknurse View Post
    Not quite on the same level as the guns that you mention but I have a Ruger Precision Rimfire and love it. It makes a great suppressor host.
    Buddy of mine has a Ruger precision rimfire and I was less than impressed with the action on it. I haven*t shot it, but I*ve read about guys less than impressed with the bolt function. I was wanting to skip over that category of rifle and get into the lower end of the match grade stuff.

I*m heavily leaning towards the MTR and aftermarket barrel and the Bergara b14R.

(Lancaster County)

If you are looking for a less expensive option, I have a savage with the "accu-trigger" (kinda like a glock safe action) that I am very happy with and 4-5 groundhogs who are wholly dissatified with my purchase ...
    Cb Μολὼν λαβέ

(Northumberland County)

Savage FV-SR, suppressor ready and fluted heavy barrel for ~$250. Not anywhere near the $1000 budget for better or worse, but that leaves room for upgrades if you choose.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by solrac7 View Post
    If you are looking for a less expensive option, I have a savage with the "accu-trigger" (kinda like a glock safe action) that I am very happy with and 4-5 groundhogs who are wholly dissatified with my purchase ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rural Ruger View Post
    Savage FV-SR, suppressor ready and fluted heavy barrel for ~$250. Not anywhere near the $1000 budget for better or worse, but that leaves room for upgrades if you choose.

Was looking for something in the bottom end of the match rifle category, not just a cheap .22 plinker, have a few of them already. This would be a gun I feed center x and eley, I’d want something capable out to ~200 yards. I’m wanting to get Into matches soon and need something more repeatable than the savages and Remington I have now.

I’m not concerned about modifications, I have a separate budget for that and I have an Athlon ares etr I’ll be taking off my tikka and replacing it with an NF or something similar. Just looking for opinions on match guns under the $1k mark

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300zx_tt View Post
    Buddy of mine has a Ruger precision rimfire and I was less than impressed with the action on it. I haven*t shot it, but I*ve read about guys less than impressed with the bolt function. I was wanting to skip over that category of rifle and get into the lower end of the match grade stuff.

I*m heavily leaning towards the MTR and aftermarket barrel and the Bergara b14R.
    Yeah, I have a Bergara HMR in 308 and it is great so I'd imagine the .22lr is too but I couldn't swing it.

Quote Originally Posted by solrac7 View Post
    Yep, just bought my son one for Scouts.

Savage Mark II, got it for $200 at Sportsman's Warehouse.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Lehigh County)

I also have a Ruger Precision Rimfire and highly recommend it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast