Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Dunham's selling state restricted guns in PA - 10 round Taurus TX22 for example

Last month Dunham's had a sale on the TX22 (with a coupon) for $279. My local store in Monroeville was sold out, so I went to W. Mifflin, they had "several" in stock. I've been shopping for this gun for over a year, so when I finally found one I just wanted to get it fast. I didn't inspect it close enough, but I did notice they brought out the model with a safety. I wanted one without, but all they had were ones with them. That should have tipped me off.
    Only when I got it home did I realize I received a state restricted 10 round mag version. I called the manager. He explained the local stores have no control over what firearms they receive - they come automatically from HQ and they don't get to pick and choose. He checked his stock, hoping to swap mags, only to find that ALL of his stock is state restricted!
    It's unbelievable that this is happening - I could not conceive of a store in PA selling guns that are for (fascist, anti-2A) restricted states.
    Buyer beware..

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Dunham's selling state restricted guns in PA - 10 round Taurus TX22 for example

There*s no magazine restriction in Pa, if that*s what you meant by *state restricted*. If not, what did you mean? I know of zero state restrictions.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Dunham's selling state restricted guns in PA - 10 round Taurus TX22 for example

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    There*s no magazine restriction in Pa, if that*s what you meant by *state restricted*. If not, what did you mean? I know of zero state restrictions.
    I think the point of the message is that the feds and corporations have something in the works that we are not yet currently aware of.

(Berks County)

My take on it is that you could get a 10 round mag when you are expecting a 13 or 15 rounder. I don't know what other restrictions might be on those weapons but the safety he speaks of could be one clue.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

OP probably just meant a gun that has the 10 round mag for states that have that restriction. I suspect retailers/dealers are taking whatever they can get from wholesalers/distributors right now. I wouldn't read any more into it. Yet.

But perhaps go buy some standard capacity mags in the near future...

If your interested converting your mag this is from the Taurus forum.

Well,I have seen a lot about converting the 10 round magazines to 16 rounds.
    The simple version is to remove and discard the thumb stud from the follower.
    Next cut the plug on the locking plate. It is easiest to just cut it flush but if you leave a little bit it will be easier to reassemble the magazine.

Definitely nothing nefarious.

It stinks, but it is what it is. Buyer assumed it would be the 16 round model without verifying.

(Lancaster County)

So the gun itself isn't restricted in some states but the magazine is? Thread title isn't correct.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

I think he's pissed he got the 10 round fascist model magazine mandated by the communist controlled states when he expected the freedom loving goodness of the 16 round magazine which SHOULD be the Pennsylvania default.

Buyer be ware indeed.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Lackawanna County)

I’ve seen this at more than Dunham’s. Sometimes it happens because it’s what they can get in.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast