Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Erie County)

Default Re: Dunham's selling state restricted guns in PA - 10 round Taurus TX22 for example

Quote Originally Posted by windowman View Post
    Last month Dunham's had a sale on the TX22 (with a coupon) for $279. My local store in Monroeville was sold out, so I went to W. Mifflin, they had "several" in stock. I've been shopping for this gun for over a year, so when I finally found one I just wanted to get it fast. I didn't inspect it close enough, but I did notice they brought out the model with a safety. I wanted one without, but all they had were ones with them. That should have tipped me off.
    Only when I got it home did I realize I received a state restricted 10 round mag version. I called the manager. He explained the local stores have no control over what firearms they receive - they come automatically from HQ and they don't get to pick and choose. He checked his stock, hoping to swap mags, only to find that ALL of his stock is state restricted!
    It's unbelievable that this is happening - I could not conceive of a store in PA selling guns that are for (fascist, anti-2A) restricted states.
    Buyer beware..
    Why do you say state restricted? It's another model of the same firearm. It should be listed on the box as TX22XXX-10. Maybe you should have looked at the box? Could be that's all they got. You were lucky to get one. And at a discount. Most retailers, if they do have them in stock, they're selling them at full retail or higher.

(Erie County)

Default Re: Dunham's selling state restricted guns in PA - 10 round Taurus TX22 for example

Quote Originally Posted by Driswalds View Post
    If your interested converting your mag this is from the Taurus forum.

Well,I have seen a lot about converting the 10 round magazines to 16 rounds.
    The simple version is to remove and discard the thumb stud from the follower.
    Next cut the plug on the locking plate. It is easiest to just cut it flush but if you leave a little bit it will be easier to reassemble the magazine.
    Sounds pretty simple.

(Allegheny County)

I mean all the OTHER states that restrict guns that free states like PA allow. I'm not denying that I was also at fault for not inspecting the gun more closely. I simply never expected a "fascist state" restricted gun would be in ANY PA retailer's inventory.
    This is a warning to others...
    And BTW modifying the 10 round mag to 16 is really easy, I changed both yesterday in a few minutes.

(Erie County)

Last month Dunham's had a sale on the TX22 (with a coupon) for $279. My local store in Monroeville was sold out, so I went to W. Mifflin, they had "several" in stock. I've been shopping for this gun for over a year, so when I finally found one I just wanted to get it fast. I didn't inspect it close enough, but I did notice they brought out the model with a safety. I wanted one without, but all they had were ones with them. That should have tipped me off.
    Only when I got it home did I realize I received a state restricted 10 round mag version. I called the manager. He explained the local stores have no control over what firearms they receive - they come automatically from HQ and they don't get to pick and choose. He checked his stock, hoping to swap mags, only to find that ALL of his stock is state restricted!
    It's unbelievable that this is happening - I could not conceive of a store in PA selling guns that are for (fascist, anti-2A) restricted states.
    Buyer beware..
    Lol. Many shops are selling what they can get. That includes other state compliant guns. Get new mags and next time inspect the gun to know what you are buying. This is on you and not the seller

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by edmundfitz1975 View Post
    Lol. Many shops are selling what they can get. That includes other state compliant guns. Get new mags and next time inspect the gun to know what you are buying. This is on you and not the seller
    I know it's on me, and I'm not blaming the seller. I was in a rush, and careless. I simply didn't imagine any gun being sold by a PA firearms dealer would be a restricted model made for those anti-2A states. Kinda like a PA car dealer stocking cars that were only meant to be sold in CA because of their more stringent laws.
    I'm merely proving a heads up to be aware it's happening...at least at one retailer.
    BTW I'm glad I got it anyway, it's a great gun. Shoots like butter, and has a much more expensive feel to it than I expected.

(Bucks County)

I know it's on me, and I'm not blaming the seller. I was in a rush, and careless. I simply didn't imagine any gun being sold by a PA firearms dealer would be a restricted model made for those anti-2A states. Kinda like a PA car dealer stocking cars that were only meant to be sold in CA because of their more stringent laws.
    I'm merely proving a heads up to be aware it's happening...at least at one retailer.
    BTW I'm glad I got it anyway, it's a great gun. Shoots like butter, and has a much more expensive feel to it than I expected.
    You bought a .22 for cheap with a 10 round mag. Enjoy it. I still don't see the problem. If you want a 16 round mag they are available (so buy 4-5 if you like the pistol).

Were you depending on this for carry and are worried you will die somewhere between rounds 10 and 16?

If you cant stand the thought of a 10 round mag sell it on Ebay. They are going for $30-40 each.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345