Quote Originally Posted by windowman View Post
Last month Dunham's had a sale on the TX22 (with a coupon) for $279. My local store in Monroeville was sold out, so I went to W. Mifflin, they had "several" in stock. I've been shopping for this gun for over a year, so when I finally found one I just wanted to get it fast. I didn't inspect it close enough, but I did notice they brought out the model with a safety. I wanted one without, but all they had were ones with them. That should have tipped me off.
Only when I got it home did I realize I received a state restricted 10 round mag version. I called the manager. He explained the local stores have no control over what firearms they receive - they come automatically from HQ and they don't get to pick and choose. He checked his stock, hoping to swap mags, only to find that ALL of his stock is state restricted!
It's unbelievable that this is happening - I could not conceive of a store in PA selling guns that are for (fascist, anti-2A) restricted states.
Buyer beware..
Why do you say state restricted? It's another model of the same firearm. It should be listed on the box as TX22XXX-10. Maybe you should have looked at the box? Could be that's all they got. You were lucky to get one. And at a discount. Most retailers, if they do have them in stock, they're selling them at full retail or higher.