Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Springfield Twp. Bucks County, Proposed Ordinance 195 - Eliminating Gun Ranges

Springfield Twp. Bucks County, Proposed Ordinance 195 - Eliminating Gun Ranges

Just saw a notice posted on the door of the Springfield Township Building in Upper Bucks County. As I read it I am concerned about the pending "Ordinance 195" - which could/would end shooting on private land. I was planning to shoot my new .22 on a secluded part of my property occasionally but I'm not sure if this will affect us. The hearing for Ordinance 195 will be on September 28, 2021 at 7:30PM I'm not sure of the location but I will post when I find out. Doing some google searching it seems attempts at limiting shooting on private property in Springfield Twp. has been occurred in the past. Are any of you planning on attending? Any Groups/Organizations attending this meeting. I will certainly be attending this meeting. Any additional information or insight on this would be appreciated. Just trying to get this information out to everyone. Thanks!

(Berks County)

Default Re: Springfield Twp. Bucks County, Proposed Ordinance 195 - Eliminating Gun Ranges

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRedVet View Post
    Springfield Twp. Bucks County, Proposed Ordinance 195 - Eliminating Gun Ranges

Just saw a notice posted on the door of the Springfield Township Building in Upper Bucks County. As I read it I am concerned about the pending "Ordinance 195" - which could/would end shooting on private land. I was planning to shoot my new .22 on a secluded part of my property occasionally but I'm not sure if this will affect us. The hearing for Ordinance 195 will be on September 28, 2021 at 7:30PM I'm not sure of the location but I will post when I find out. Doing some google searching it seems attempts at limiting shooting on private property in Springfield Twp. has been occurred in the past. Are any of you planning on attending? Any Groups/Organizations attending this meeting. I will certainly be attending this meeting. Any additional information or insight on this would be appreciated. Just trying to get this information out to everyone. Thanks!
    When ordinances are changed, pre-existing, non-conforming uses are grandfathered. Get out there and start shooting and document it.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Springfield Twp. Bucks County, Proposed Ordinance 195 - Eliminating Gun Ranges

Who elected the scum up there?
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    When ordinances are changed, pre-existing, non-conforming uses are grandfathered. Get out there and start shooting and document it.
    Yeah, invite a bunch of friends over and establish a monthly, or bi- monthly, bbq and shoot!

Also buy a suppressor for you rifle/s.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Not necessary. This is a preemption violation. They do not have the authority to do this.

A letter sent to a different municipality, detailing many prior examples, including some regulating discharge, can be found here, and may be a good reference should the OP wish to write his own letter, speak at a meeting, or contact FICG to engage them in this matter
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Not necessary. This is a preemption violation. They do not have the authority to do this.

A letter sent to a different municipality, detailing many prior examples, including some regulating discharge, can be found here, and may be a good reference should the OP wish to write his own letter, speak at a meeting, or contact FICG to engage them in this matter

(Erie County)

I suspect this has a lot to do with Bucks County Fish and Game.

They've been trying to close it down for decades, and the BCFG board has already started caving.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ItchyTick View Post
    I suspect this has a lot to do with Bucks County Fish and Game.

They've been trying to close it down for decades, and the BCFG board has already started caving.
    That's a shame. Never, ever go down without a fight.