Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Beaver County)

Default Dot, dot with large ring, dot with small ring ... Red ... Green?

I was practicing with a few different guns tonight that have Holosun 503, 507, and Swampfox Kingslayer dots on them. I used to hate the 507's 32 MOA circle dot so it ended up on my wife's gun but my revelation after continually questioning my gear choices is that I think I prefer the 507 reticle. "Aim small, miss small" I guess? I consistently brought the 507 up onto target more accurately than the 503 or Kingslayer. What is your opinion on the different reticles and how they affect your performance? I thought for years that I was faster with the full size circle dot reticle but I'm questioning that.

Also, do you prefer red or green? Why? I thought I liked green but unless it's just a coincidence and all of my green sights have some kind of defect, I tend to see the red clearer and have an easier time focusing on what's beyond the target.
    Why do people feel entitled to have opinions on things they know nothing about?

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Dot, dot with large ring, dot with small ring ... Red ... Green?

I prefer red because that's what I'm used to. I've got multiple AR platforms with red reticles and I've got multiple handguns with red lasers so my eyes are trained to look for red. I like keeping red on all of my optics instead of having some with green and some with red. I suppose I could invest a substantial amount of money, time and effort converting everything to green but I don't want to, not even sure if I could with my illuminated scope.
    I've never shot with the 503 or Kingslayer but just looking at them. the reticles look very busy for quick close in aquisition.
    I'm not a fan of open reflex sight on a battle rifle, too hard to clean the laser emitter if you need to.
    The Hostler