Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Main Line Armory LLC

Quote Originally Posted by undertow View Post
    I was excited to see this, as it's closer to me than TargetMaster where I go now. But I just visited the web site, and...well, tbh, the membership cost seems a bit out of line. $638 + $100 initiation fee for the lowest level membership??? The $30 pay-as-you-go rate is reasonable (though 50% higher than TM), but at $638 (+ $100 the first year) I'd have to go once a week or more to make it worth the cost of the membership. And when TargetMaster gives me unlimited range time for $250/year, why would I pay $738 for only Monday-Thursday at Main Line Armory?

Would love for this place to succeed, but hope you haven't priced yourself out of the market. I might pay $300/year for a membership because it's closer to me, but $700 is just way too high.
    I get your point but I think they are in a high income area where people will pay to go to a place that is more exclusive than Targetmaster. Same reason some people will pay for a Porsche even though a Ford will do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I never use indoor ranges. Nothing like shooting outdoors.

Same here, especially in bad/cold weather. Doesn*t bother me but keeps most people home.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebuckets View Post
    Same here, especially in bad/cold weather. Doesn*t bother me but keeps most people home.
    I always had a horrible taste in my mouth and raggy throat after leaving TM. That was many years ago.
    It may have changed, but that is one of the many reasons I dont shoot indoors.
    FJB

Holy crap, that's expensive.

I belong to two differnt clubs, and it's like a 3rd of that to belong to the 2.

One is an indoor only club. $75 to join, $60 to renew. For that you get 6 firing lines, they supply the targets, you bring your own ammo. Key card to let yourself in whenever you want, from 8AM to 10PM. Doesn't even close for holidays. Only ever closes for classes (not very often) or maintenance. You do have to pay $3 each time, but you're good for the whole day. Or you can pay $150 a year and shot as often as you want, no per visit fee.

The outdoor one as indoor shoots on Thursdays, and outside a trap range, a 100 yard rifle range (one 22 yard target) multiple 50 yard pistol/rifle ranges, and an archery range. The indoor Thursday night is $5, but the rest is free, only the cost of membership. That's only about $70 a year to be a member.

Both offer various training classes, practical pistol, bullseye shoots, rifle shoots, etc...

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebuckets View Post
    I get your point but I think they are in a high income area where people will pay to go to a place that is more exclusive than Targetmaster. Same reason some people will pay for a Porsche even though a Ford will do the job.
    Yeah, I get it. It's just not for me. I'm not a Porsche guy. It is a high income area, and they've priced themselves out of the market for me and others like me, but not for those who can afford it. I can see how some might be willing to pay extra to go to a place that keeps the...ya know...lesser folks...out.

I just wish someone would open a range closer to home that doesn't cater to the Porsche class.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by undertow View Post
    I was excited to see this, as it's closer to me than TargetMaster where I go now. But I just visited the web site, and...well, tbh, the membership cost seems a bit out of line.
    It looks like a nice place, but it's too far from me to justify that. TM is closer, but I never go there since they aren't very friendly. I'd prefer indoors now that it's getting colder.

(Chester County)

I was looking forward to MainLine opening but, as a retiree, I'm afraid the annual costs are just too high for a person who would not use the range more that two or three times a month. I'm disappointed.
    Ron, USAFSS, NRA, PAFOA

(Delaware County)

I wish you well OP. Your Dad is a real stand up guy, I've been buying and selling with him for years, I think I was one of the first people to promote him on here. Spent many hours in his basement. He spoke about you all the time and is as proud a papa as I have ever seen!

He jokingly called me Mr. Three Inch due to my affection for 3 inch barreled S&W K frames. I never did like that name

Glad to hear of a new range opening up around here, we sorely need one. I belong to TM, SCCSFA, and grew up shooting at DCFS. They all have their "charms" so to say but you will be on another level for the area.

I used to live in Paoli, I can't imagine the red tape you must have went through to open a new range in Chester County. I am sure your real estate, capital outlay, and insurance is huge. It's impressive you can pull that off!

Unfortunately I do think you will get a lot of complaining about the membership cost. It's understandable given all the $ one would have to invest to get a new range off the ground here. But you will be competing with ranges that have been around a long time. There are a lot of shooters in PA but most of us are super cheap tightwads

If you can get that kind of money anywhere around here Malvern is the place to do it.

I wish you the best of luck and will stop by when you open and introduce myself. Tell your pop Mr Three Inch says hi!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123