Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (York County)

Default FedEx and shipping theft

I recently ordered a couple of boxes of ammo from a largish internet sales outlet. I won't name the company as there are a legion out there which do the same thing. At checkout I saw the words "standard shipping". So I went with that option. Turns out that shipper is FedEx.

Order was processed in good time and delivery was scheduled. I got updates via my email acount. I was at work when the notification arrived that my shipment had been delivered. I didn't get home from work until after 7pm, so asked my wife where the package was.

Her answer was nothing had been delivered. I checked around the outside of the house and on the driveway for stray packages: nothing. Beginning to get suspicious I looked everywhere. No truck tire tracks in the soft driveway. Notes on the notification said delivered to front door. The driveway goes to the kitchen. The front door is not accessible from the road. FedEx has misdelivered before. Last time to a house a quarter mile away. Lucky for me in that case, we live in a very sparsely populated area and my neighbors are honest. This time, no such luck.

Went to put in a claim. FedEx policy is to say it is not their responsiblity if a shipment is listed as delivered if there is not a signature required. So I'm out nearly a hundred bucks. Since my wife was home around the supposed time of delivery and porch pirates not an issue up a long driveway in a rural area where deliveries aren't obvious from the road, I'm certain my delivery guy stole the shipment since it was marked with the usual markings.

Be warned if you use FedEx that there are drivers who WILL steal your stuff since they are not held accountable for it once they say it has been delivered.

Default Re: FedEx and shipping theft

Quote Originally Posted by Ecclectic Collector View Post
    I recently ordered a couple of boxes of ammo from a largish internet sales outlet. I won't name the company as there are a legion out there which do the same thing. At checkout I saw the words "standard shipping". So I went with that option. Turns out that shipper is FedEx.

Order was processed in good time and delivery was scheduled. I got updates via my email acount. I was at work when the notification arrived that my shipment had been delivered. I didn't get home from work until after 7pm, so asked my wife where the package was.

Her answer was nothing had been delivered. I checked around the outside of the house and on the driveway for stray packages: nothing. Beginning to get suspicious I looked everywhere. No truck tire tracks in the soft driveway. Notes on the notification said delivered to front door. The driveway goes to the kitchen. The front door is not accessible from the road. FedEx has misdelivered before. Last time to a house a quarter mile away. Lucky for me in that case, we live in a very sparsely populated area and my neighbors are honest. This time, no such luck.

Went to put in a claim. FedEx policy is to say it is not their responsiblity if a shipment is listed as delivered if there is not a signature required. So I'm out nearly a hundred bucks. Since my wife was home around the supposed time of delivery and porch pirates not an issue up a long driveway in a rural area where deliveries aren't obvious from the road, I'm certain my delivery guy stole the shipment since it was marked with the usual markings.

Be warned if you use FedEx that there are drivers who WILL steal your stuff since they are not held accountable for it once they say it has been delivered.
    I had a similar issue recently with AR500 targets. My suggestion would be to follow up with the Vendor to have
    them pursue it from their end. As the customer of FedEx, they have a lot more avenues and sway to get FedEx
    to act, and they may even stand behind the product and reship if FedEx totally fails..

So I don't think they are stealing packages, I do believe they mark them as delivered to satisfy their quotas
    and timeliness, although all FedEx employees will deny that as a fireable offense and say no driver would ever
    risk their job for a quota...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI View Post
    I had a similar issue recently with AR500 targets. My suggestion would be to follow up with the Vendor to have
    them pursue it from their end. As the customer of FedEx, they have a lot more avenues and sway to get FedEx
    to act, and they may even stand behind the product and reship if FedEx totally fails..

So I don't think they are stealing packages, I do believe they mark them as delivered to satisfy their quotas
    and timeliness, although all FedEx employees will deny that as a fireable offense and say no driver would ever
    risk their job for a quota...
    Oh yeah, postal carriers do the same thing - scan it as having been delivered so it looks good on paper, then deliver it another day - or not.
    Most of it comes from the demand for them to do more in less time than is realistically possible.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Fedex is a fucking clown show. While waiting an absurdly long time for them to find my package at the local distribution center, I saw two separate delivery trucks pull into the customer parking lot and put packages into trunks of cars. Why even bother patting down people when they leave if they can, in full view of gate guards, just park in the open lot and drop any interesting packages off at their personal vehicle?

EDIT: I forgot why I was at said distribution center to witness the above. They said they attempted delivery twice but there was no answer. Thing is - I was home during one of the supposed delivery windows and there was no knock. No door tag either time. Dude just marked it as attempted and kept driving. They were very befuddled when I turned up without a door tag.

Not to mention the various laptops they've "lost" from work, or the time it took them TWO WEEKS to deliver a package to Indianapolis. It's literally an 8 hour drive from Pittsburgh.

That said my local UPS driver marks all of his packages as delivered between 2:20 and 2:30 regardless if they're still on the truck or not. They both suck.
    F*#K THE ATF

(Chester County)

Always have had good results from UPS. All others are hit or miss imo.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshift View Post
    Always have had good results from UPS. All others are hit or miss imo.
    And by the way, never go with Fedx handoff to USPS. Could take months to receive stuff.

(Delaware County)

Alternatively...

"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

Quote Originally Posted by Ecclectic Collector View Post

Immediately contact your credit card company and contest payment.

(York County)

Thank you: Just got off the phone with my card holder to contest sale. The lady I spoke with was very helpful.

BTW: I agree that UPS is the way to go. Big Brown has always been reliable and nice to work with.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by thanker92 View Post
    Immediately contact your credit card company and contest payment.
    That's going to make more enemies than friends and friends can help you. The order was placed and paid for. The seller shipped the items because they got paid. They sent updates on the shipping. They did their part, why are you trying to screw them?? It is FedEx who you should be screaming at, from all angles - including getting the seller involved. So you take it out on the seller - think they are going to help you now?? Tell FedEx that you are going to the police because it was ammuniton that was stolen, tell them that you are going to get the BATFE involved, then see what FedEx says then. Doing the charge back against the seller - they will do NOTHING to help you now - talking to them first and explaining what happened, they very well might have helped you, up to and including resending your order. They won't do s*** for you now - and maybe put an asterisk by your name if you ever order from them again showing you were a problem customer.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast