Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Beaver County)

Default Does an optic exist with this criteria?

People love to talk shit on Holosun because of where they're manufactured but does another dot exist within these parameters? Red 60ish MOA circle with 2 MOA dot reticle, shake awake or battery life that would eliminate the need to ever turn it off, and a low mount. The only things I come up with are Holosun 503s and the Trijicon MRO but I hear too many mixed reviews on the MRO to consider it worth what they cost; is there another that I'm unaware of?
    Why do people feel entitled to have opinions on things they know nothing about?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Does an optic exist with this criteria?

Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

My holosun works great.

(Allegheny County)

Love my Holosun's.
    Toujours prêt

(Franklin County)

My Holosuns have worked flawlessly. I like the circle dot as well. A few years ago if you wanted circle dot you got either a Holosun of Eotech (I've had both). The battery life and weight of Eotech sucks compared to Holosun, so my Eotechs went away when they had the buy-back.
    I currently have two Holosun optics and two Sig optics. All work well as they should.
    For what it's.worth the Sig Romeo4 is made in China, so if you have an issue with a Chinese Holosun, you should also have an issue with a Sig made in China.
    It has long been suspected that Holosun makes Sig optics, I don't know that to be fact but some of their products are very similar in construction and options.
    The Hostler

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    My holosun works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    My Holosuns have worked flawlessly. I like the circle dot as well. A few years ago if you wanted circle dot you got either a Holosun of Eotech (I've had both). The battery life and weight of Eotech sucks compared to Holosun, so my Eotechs went away when they had the buy-back.
    I currently have two Holosun optics and two Sig optics. All work well as they should.
    For what it's.worth the Sig Romeo4 is made in China, so if you have an issue with a Chinese Holosun, you should also have an issue with a Sig made in China.
    It has long been suspected that Holosun makes Sig optics, I don't know that to be fact but some of their products are very similar in construction and options.
    I was under the same impression about Holosun making the Sig optics but I forgot they had other dots than the Romeo 5 or MSR. To be clear, I don't have an issue with Holosun, Olight, any of those brands made in China. I asked because of the absurd number of people I encounter that mindlessly dismiss those brands because of where they're made and ignore that they're the best available dots in most cases. I've got a pair of 503s, a 510, and a 507. The combination of shit battery life and the auto off feature (meaning I'd have to turn it on if I needed my bedside gun at night) ruled out Eotechs pretty easily for me. I consider having a dot that I have to manually turn on in a self defense situation comparable to not having a round chambered in your carry gun.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by HaroldRichardJohnson View Post
    I was under the same impression about Holosun making the Sig optics but I forgot they had other dots than the Romeo 5 or MSR. To be clear, I don't have an issue with Holosun, Olight, any of those brands made in China. I asked because of the absurd number of people I encounter that mindlessly dismiss those brands because of where they're made and ignore that they're the best available dots in most cases. I've got a pair of 503s, a 510, and a 507. The combination of shit battery life and the auto off feature (meaning I'd have to turn it on if I needed my bedside gun at night) ruled out Eotechs pretty easily for me. I consider having a dot that I have to manually turn on in a self defense situation comparable to not having a round chambered in your carry gun.
    I agree on all points.
    I would really like to buy American, or from anywhere besides China, but I'm not aware of any non-Chinese examples that offer a circle-dot red dot and shake awake. Why has Aimpoint not offered these options is beyond me. American businesses need to at least make an attempt to compete if they want my money. It's frustrating.
    The Hostler

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    American businesses need to at least make an attempt to compete if they want my money. It's frustrating.
    Absolutely agree. Price is not a consideration either which is why it's especially annoying to me. I would have been just as willing to pay the $700 for the MRO HD as the $260 I paid for the 503C but there are so many things about that sight that I hate. The $130 Bushnell TRS26 clone has digital up/down brightness buttons but the $700 MRO has a rotary dial ... At least that means it doesn't have that stupid 4 hour auto shut off like the Eotechs.