Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Remington 700 bdl mountain rifle 22" 280rem?

Looking at a Remington 700 bdl mountain rifle. The guy seems way to eager to drop his pants on the price so I wanted to check if you see any red flags honestly. I woikd like at least a 24" barrel in a perfect world and this is a 22" but the price seems right initially. For about 2/3 this though I could get a new savage axis II so want to cover my bases and get some opinions on this exact gun

0D2D5547-ABB2-484C-84C4-9F95680AFA0F.jpg06EC3117-36F7-4823-8911-500638C29F09.jpg6EEF7DDE-6282-4D47-898B-E1E2C5CBA9BF.jpg

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Remington 700 bdl mountain rifle 22" 280rem?

Not much to see from the pics but is that a Leupold scope? If it is it is worth way more than an Axis with their generic scope package.

2 daze late on seeing this but......if you didn't but it yet, where are you buying it? Classifieds here? Armslist? Rennug? Local paper classified? Friend?
    If it's a face to face meeting, great! Buy it. There are just a lot of scammers out there right now mostly dealing ammo for sale at low prices stating they can ship. (which 99% of people cannot legally do).
    There were some "dicks" on Rennug selling desirable rifles & pistols for LOW prices and they would ship them to your FFL. Their phone numbers were out of state and they just recently joined the board with no other posts.
    Just be careful! Getting back on subject, you can't beat a Rem 700 Mountain Rifle in 270 or 280 for a very accurate and powerful hunting gun that won't wear you out going over hill and dale. (whoever Dale is and why you feel the need to walk over him).
    Engineers make things idiot proof! Evolution makes better idiots!

Thanks I haven't. Might hold off now until the market cools honestly. Could also get a new savage axis II If needed. The seller is in SC and is a reputable dealer according to reviews but it appears to be a pawn shop basically so not sure I want to take the chance right now on used if I can't see it